Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hazard Lights/Flashers

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Has anyone else had this issue ? My turn signals work fine on the '81 but my hazard flashers are dead.. and my turn signals do not work when I have the flasher mech engaged...which I guess would be the norm working or not ? Tried to replace the flashing switch on them with another that works..(ie. the 2 switches are interchangeable) but it did not solve the problem. Fuses and bulbs look ok.

Tom

drquazar

Corvette
1980 Red and Black Coupe
My flashers would not work for the first 2 years I owned my 81. I did everything you described as well. Then a few years ago I think I got aggravated trying to track down the trouble, so I just repeatedly pressed the flasher button on the column. Sometimes fast and hard several times in a row. I spent about 5 minutes clicking and holding in the button. And to my amazement the flashers started flashing! I assumed the connection in the colunm was corroded in some way, and by clicking it over and over I finally cleared the corrosion.
I know it sounds like an insane ham and egg fix, but it worked on mine, and I have never had trouble since.
I did replace most bulbs as well during my diagnoses, but the clicking button was the catalyst to get the flashers working.
drquazar
blk on blk Batmobile

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
hmm... well I tried that a bit today after I read your post.. still nothing.. but I will keep trying that. Is the outside part of the switch supposed to spin ? I am thinking it is a switch issue..Thanks for the reply !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom