Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hazard Lights/Flashers

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
Has anyone else had this issue ? My turn signals work fine on the '81 but my hazard flashers are dead.. and my turn signals do not work when I have the flasher mech engaged...which I guess would be the norm working or not ? Tried to replace the flashing switch on them with another that works..(ie. the 2 switches are interchangeable) but it did not solve the problem. Fuses and bulbs look ok.

Tom

My flashers would not work for the first 2 years I owned my 81. I did everything you described as well. Then a few years ago I think I got aggravated trying to track down the trouble, so I just repeatedly pressed the flasher button on the column. Sometimes fast and hard several times in a row. I spent about 5 minutes clicking and holding in the button. And to my amazement the flashers started flashing! I assumed the connection in the colunm was corroded in some way, and by clicking it over and over I finally cleared the corrosion.
I know it sounds like an insane ham and egg fix, but it worked on mine, and I have never had trouble since.
I did replace most bulbs as well during my diagnoses, but the clicking button was the catalyst to get the flashers working.
drquazar
blk on blk Batmobile

hmm... well I tried that a bit today after I read your post.. still nothing.. but I will keep trying that. Is the outside part of the switch supposed to spin ? I am thinking it is a switch issue..Thanks for the reply !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom