Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headers

S

skypilotlt5

I am considering installing a set of headers to make the most of the 3" B&B exhaust system I put on last fall. I was hoping someone here can let me know what is available in terms of manufacturers and any opinions or thoughts on if they are worth the expense and if one brand is any better than another. Thanks Rob Bissett

headers

Thanks for the reply Mike, looks like a great system. Is the x-pipe available from Stainless or B&B? Right now with the resonator installed I do have some resonance in the car between 1500 + 2000 rpm. Would the x-pipe eliminate that or make it worse? And do the Stainless headers come with flanges that would bolt up to the factory or B&B system?
Rob

Both manufacturers have their own x pipe. I purchased the Triflo with the x pipe. Never used the Triflo resonator. In theory, the x pipe makes the exhaust louder. My headers did come with fittings for stock exhaust hookup. See www.stainlessworks.net for header info.
Mike

For the LT5, I think the way to go is the Alspaugh Headers. Brian Alspaugh, a ZR-1 owner, makes them out of stainless.

If I were to install headers, which is a bit difficult in California due to our smog check, the Alspaughs are the ones I'd use.

headers

Thanks Hib. Does Brian have a web site? or how can I get in touch with him to find out more? Rob

Brians and Stainless Works headers are the same. I believe he did the R&D so Stainless Works could do the manufacturing and he do sales/distribution. You can buy from him or SW. If Hib doesn't get contact info for you, email me and I will post request on the zr1net.
Mike

ZR1 MK said:
Brians and Stainless Works headers are the same. I believe he did the R&D so Stainless Works could do the manufacturing and he do sales/distribution. You can buy from him or SW. If Hib doesn't get contact info for you, email me and I will post request on the zr1net.
Mike
Rob, Brians email address is usa_won@yahoo.com I installed a set of his headers last summer and love em. Brian was a super guy to deal with, he returns emails promptly and fully answers any questions you may have with the installation. Hope this helps. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Hey All!

Thanks for the kind words and sorry for the delayed reply. Rob, feel free to email me about any questions you may have re: the headers(usa_won@yahoo.com). Hib, you know the Random Tech cats on the back of these headers would make you 'legal' in CA...:)

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
ZR WON
12.09@118
2001 Z06
12.27@115
Bone Stock

I'm just anxiously waiting for my set of SW I ordered through Brian. SW will be shipping mine to Swain Tech for ceramic coating then to me. But I hate the wait...... :D

Bob, believe me the wait is worth it. Come on now you Montana guys got a couple more months of B.S. weather just like we do here in Wyoming. Hope you have everything up and running by May. Later 84 CF 91 ZR-1

95ZR1#418 said:
I'm just anxiously waiting for my set of SW I ordered through Brian. SW will be shipping mine to Swain Tech for ceramic coating then to me. But I hate the wait...... :D
So what exhaust are you going to use?

I want to get the headers but Im not sure what to do I want use a B&B system but I just dont know If I will hate the noise like so many others have?

I have the B&B with X-pipe. It is certainly too loud for some and too much resonance for some. I simply love it, the louder the better as far as I'm concerned-I also don't use it as a daily driver. I have heard that adding the headers will change the sound, some say it will take away the resonance and some say it will make it louder yet, but don't know what any of those people had for exhaust either. I can only let you know how my system sounds when I get it together.

My headers were shipped to Swain Tuesday & when they get them there is ~ 10 day turn around time. I'll have my car already apart ready to instal by the time I get them. I'm guessing I won't have the headers installed till late in March. :D Then look-out. I'm also eliminating the cats... :Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom