Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headers

J

Joeverb

Alright folks, im going to call on your timeless knowledge and expierience with the C3s and ask which header fits the best AND with the least amount of work to install. Also is there a complete offroad dual exhaust kit avalable for the 82. I wanna lose the cat and add the rumble.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Joeverb,

Many of us have headers installed on our C3's, and there are several different brands, all pretty much equal, installed. Some of the most knowledgeable and most economical choices can be found at Summit Racing Equipment.
www.summitracing.com or to talk with knowlegdable counter folks 1-800-230-3030. I'm certain that some complete packages exist though I didn't go that route. You should consider purchasing your headers coated inside and outside. The coating improves performance, looks and longevity. Don't skimp on gaskets, buy only premium all metal gaskets so you won't be chasing leaks later on. Dynomax Supermax mufflers are a nice choice to finish it off as well. If you intend to leave the Y-pipe you will most likely have to get this at a muffler shop or from one of the vette catalogs. If you choose to split your exhaust to true duals you will have to trim the cross member just a bit to allow for clearence of the left side pipe. Good luck......you will like this mod. :w

I equipped my vette with ZZ3 345 hp engine to witch I have added Flowtech ceramic coated headers and dual aluminized exhaust system. The results are great and it roares enough without disturbing the neighborhood. Make sure you buy a pair fitted for corvette, they clear both side of engine room adequately and clear access for the oil filter and spark plugs. Mine is a 79 and it was the last year the cross member had two spaces for the exhausts. If you go with duals, you may have to change it.

Good luck.

JOEVERB. WHILE YOUR CHECKING, YOU MIGHT AS WELL CHECK ON SIDEPIPES, FACTORY OR THE 4" VARIETY ! THEY DO MAKE THE UNDER-SIDE OF YOUR VETTE COOLER. PROS AND CONS BOTH WAYS. GOOD LUCK, JCL

headers

I have the Dynomax Cermia coated headers. They bolted right with no problems. You can get them from Jegs's or Summit.

You can order hooker sidepipes directly from jet hot coatings, you get their pricing and a great ceramic coating for about the price of the pipes alone from Summit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom