Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight kit

Thinkspore

Corvette
1993 black on black 6 speed stock (for now)
Hey all,

I'm sure that just about everyone who's gone to the zip products website that has a c4 has seen this..

http://www.zip-products.com/Corvett...alse&mscssid=077C338F3D59D4BD49A9267D212035FD

the link itself is for the bumper lights..
But, where do you find that headlight kit??? I haven't seen it on the zip site and have looked all over the net to no avail.

when i look up headlight kits i find xenon and whatever other kind of bs bulbs like you can buy at auto zone.

any links? does anyone have other pics of this?

thanks

Mitch

------
Mitch
http://thinkspore.com/hosting

I've seen a late C4 around town with those flush-mount headlights, if I see it again I'll try to ask the owner about it.

Thanks! i appreciate it..

does it look as cool in real life as in the pics by chance??

sometimes you can't always tell from pics you know?

I personally prefer the flippers, but it does look cool. Makes for even more of a Ferrari look. Did you ever notice how Corvettes and Ferraris are similar. I believe the house of Pininfarina is involved in both "looks". Whereas the Mustangs and Aston-Martins have a resemblance (of course Ford owns Aston-Martin now). Given the cash - I'd have a Ferrari 550 Barchetta, even with the mickey-mouse manual soft top. I'm sure my experience in "improving" Corvettes will help me re-design the top that Ferrari screwed up.

actually yeah, i had noticed that... the c4's always kind of reminded me of testarosas in a way among other things.

the c6 reminded me of a few different cars actually.. honestly (dont hang me) i initially thought the c6 was taking a lot from the viper. at least in the front when they changed the headlights.

did you see the pic where the guy took a vette and melded it to a lambo?

i'm not a fan personally...

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index.cfm/2008/3/13/Supercar-Mashup-1993-Corvette-Diablo-FI-Stingray

but it does have the lights i was asking about... maybe that's the key!

Have you been doing a search for "LeMans C4 Kits"? I'm at work so my internet ability is a bit limited, but googling that should turn up plenty of what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of a CAC members car with the LeMans headlights from a dragon run a couple of years ago, when I get home this afternoon I'll see if I can find them. As for what I think of them, I don't like them personally but it's not because I think they look bad, I just prefer the flip up original style a lot better, not because I think they look cheap or trashy or anything like that, they do look nice if you like that kind of look better.

for the last two posters, THATS IT! thanks....

i appreciate the help.. i figured someone knew.

i wish i could see it in real life though. i'm sure its as slick as in the pics, but you never can tell.. i do like the flip up lights, but they act as air brakes you know?

LOL!! welllll i'd drive faster if it wasn't for those air brakes!

just kidding..

actually yeah, i had noticed that... the c4's always kind of reminded me of testarosas in a way among other things.

the c6 reminded me of a few different cars actually.. honestly (dont hang me) i initially thought the c6 was taking a lot from the viper. at least in the front when they changed the headlights.

did you see the pic where the guy took a vette and melded it to a lambo?

i'm not a fan personally...

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index.cfm/2008/3/13/Supercar-Mashup-1993-Corvette-Diablo-FI-Stingray

but it does have the lights i was asking about... maybe that's the key!

I like the vertical-opening doors. The Vette doors are wide (like most coupes) and can be a problem in tight parking spots. There's no reason other than styling for the wide doors - after all it's not as if you need access to the back for passenger entry. The doors could be much narrower like a Jeep door.

yeah i kinda agree, however, when i drive around with my step dad who has back issues, my 60 year old boss, or any other older guys they seem to have hella trouble getting in and out. My boss practically rolled out of it on his hands and knees the other day. i think if the doors were shorter he'd still be stuck in my car until i rented a cherry picker. lol not exactly a small guy either... i scraped bottom over every bump.

fortunately i'm young and flexible so it's no big deal sitting 8 inches off the ground or getting in and out.. it's a learned talent on the c4's for sure. that "rail" in the door sill is my biggest complaint about the car. i'm not even sure why its there. does the frame run there? i haven't looked

The C4 is a perimeter frame so the sills are very high because of that.

If you had narrower doors on the C4, you would not be able to get your legs inside.

I made my own on my C3 for about $200 total I used headlights from a 96 Chevy truck as a start

DSC01159.JPG

DSC01042.JPG

I have covers for them but the visibility at night is down with the covers on. It uses 9005-9006 series of bulbs so you can get real good light from them. It just takes some good old school engineering and fab skills to make them work, instead of forking out good money for a set of monza lights. ;LOL

now that's good ole American ingenuity right there!

and not bad either! What kind of tools did you need for the fab? is it a large machining job?

how does it handle the shaking rattling and pounding of on road driving?

and, how well do they light up the ground close to you being inset like that?

I live in the country where the tank traps are smaller but I drove the car for three years without replacing any bulbs, then I bought my C5 ;LOL I replaced the original rotted header bracket with one made from 3/8 or 1/2 x 3 aluminum bar stock welded in the center (the only part of the job I farmed out) I then removed parts from the 96 truck assembly to make it easier to mount to the header bar; bent up the trim pieces and brackets on my work bench and put the thing together in less then a weekend. the light is much better then what you can get with the stock even in halogen and the housings were light weight. I probably lost better then 20 lbs of weight all told. I should have taken more pictures but was well under way before I thought about the camera. ;LOL
more pics here
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=367303

this is similar to what I used but is a "bling item"

hpks-c1088ccfl.jpg

ebay auction

nice man! i'll have to look into that. it will be a little different on a c4 i guess but shouldn't be too bad..

i noticed when looking at your link that your c3 has blue ball! need to get that TPI some action!

Thanks for the info though i'll definitely look into it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom