Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight mods

ITguy

Corvette
2003 C5
I am thinking of upgrading my 04 C5 headlights. Any suggestions? I had thought about some Hellas or the lamps offered here ( not sure what the number is of them).

ITguy, How much are you wanting to spend? I'm looking into doing some headlight mods to and here are somethings I've found. Here is a youtube video this guy make HID kits for C5 vettes YouTube - C5 Corvette Custom headlights and check this link out as well Corvette Garage HID Headlamp Light Kit for C5 and Z06 Corvette. Hope this helps.

Wow! those are great. I need to look at the vid but that may be the answer I am looking for. I almost hit a deer the other night because the ligts even on high beam were too dim.

Headlight mods

Wow! those are great. I need to look at the vid but that may be the answer I am looking for. I almost hit a deer the other night because the ligts even on high beam were too dim.

The video show the guy installing the HID kit but he sent me some pics.
The kit from corvette garage is a good kit but I want both low and high beam HID so i think Im going with the other kit.

Headlamp intensity is my only complaint on my C5. Too bad, because it would have been so easy for the facatory to improve lighting. As it is I don't drive my C5 after dark unless I must. Silly GM, you'd think they'd want us to drive our cars as much as possible and that they'd take care of simple design issues like this so that their cars could be driven safely all the time.

I thought of adding HID's but decided to save my money and install PIAA replacement bulbs.

Is there a part number for these PIAA replacements by any chance. I went to their website and managed to get lost in all of the different versions. I just want to see the road at night..............

and blind the SOB with the High Beams coming at me.

Is there a part number for these PIAA replacements by any chance. I went to their website and managed to get lost in all of the different versions. I just want to see the road at night..............

and blind the SOB with the High Beams coming at me.

The PIAA bulbs are the same number as your OEM bulbs. 9006 for low beam and 9005 for high beam.

If you go back to their website click on the "bulbs" section then the 9000 series bulbs. You'll find everything you need there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom