Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater hoses configuration

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
I've debated posting this simply because of the mundaness. Heater hoses and diverter valve order seems to be one of those details folks don't remember and publications don't document well. I feel kinda silly forgetting this... seeing as I can remember EVERY OTHER NUANCE. Seriousy- I know how to modify the Fbody throttle cable but can't remember the hose order. Maybe this is old age cathcing up with me.

:L

However, after soliciting advice from various folks- it appears that I'm going to have to broaden my audience. My usual list of experts seems to be unfamiliar as well.

I've had the '80 in various stages of beoing apart for a couple months now and I'm re-assembling it slowly (work & kid take up 75% of my time)... I've kinda forgotten the order for the heater hoses and the diverter valve. I can't find any pictures in my manuals. Neither can anyone else.

So- which is the order (or does it really matter)?

1.) intake manifold-> diverter-> heater
heater-> water pump
-or-
2.) water pump-> diverter-> heater
heater-> manifold

Any pictures, links or a list of "this then thats" from a kind person who checked under the ir hood would be great...

Thanks-

I've debated posting this simply because of the mundaness. Heater hoses and diverter valve order seems to be one of those details folks don't remember and publications don't document well. I feel kinda silly forgetting this... seeing as I can remember EVERY OTHER NUANCE. Seriousy- I know how to modify the Fbody throttle cable but can't remember the hose order. Maybe this is old age cathcing up with me.

:L

However, after soliciting advice from various folks- it appears that I'm going to have to broaden my audience. My usual list of experts seems to be unfamiliar as well.

I've had the '80 in various stages of beoing apart for a couple months now and I'm re-assembling it slowly (work & kid take up 75% of my time)... I've kinda forgotten the order for the heater hoses and the diverter valve. I can't find any pictures in my manuals. Neither can anyone else.

So- which is the order (or does it really matter)?

heater-> water pump
-or-
2.) water pump-> diverter-> heater
heater-> manifold

Any pictures, links or a list of "this then thats" from a kind person who checked under the ir hood would be great...

Thanks-
I just went out a Looked at my 78 It go's your # 1 Choice!!!

heater-> water pump

It's original, I did change the hoses about 12 years ago with Re pro's from Ecklers!! :upthumbs

I just went out a Looked at my 78 It go's your # 1 Choice!!!

heater-> water pump

It's original, I did change the hoses about 12 years ago with Re pro's from Ecklers!! :upthumbs

Thanks Junk!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom