Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello everyone...

djsroknrol

Corvette
1984 L83/MD8 red coupe
My name is Bob and I hail from Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Since 1969, I've been in love with Corvettes and I've had many chances to purchase one, but for one reason or another, I passed on all opportunities.

About 3 weeks ago, my 2 oldest children got together and bought a 1984 with the original CF 350 for me...they figured I'd never buy one on my own and they wanted me to live my dream finally.

With a 26 year old car, it goes without saying that there are many little things that need to be addressed, but overall, the vehicle isn't that bad with 163K miles on it.

I do have some questions for the forum members...I hope you'll all indulge me as I await the FSM that I purchased on Ebay:

1) what is the rocker switch next to the light switch for?

2) Can anyone tell me what the full listing of messages are on the info display in the center console?

3) What is the consensus on Castrol GTX 10-30 high mileage in that engine?

4) What's everyone's favorite place to get parts online?

Thanks for having me on board here and I hope to be a productive member on the forum....

Here is a picture of my car parked at work on the first day. Of all things to park next to me was a ZHZ....at $220.00 per day to rent, I'm sure that guest had a GREAT vacation...

3.jpg

1) what is the rocker switch next to the light switch for?

2) Can anyone tell me what the full listing of messages are on the info display in the center console?

3) What is the consensus on Castrol GTX 10-30 high mileage in that engine?

4) What's everyone's favorite place to get parts online?
Welcome to CAC!!!
1) Fog lights
3) I use Pennzoil HM 5W-30 in my 1989 with 62,000. Nothing wrong with Castrol oil, I'm not sure you need 10W-30.
4) Depends on what type of parts. I've had good luck with Corvette specific replacement parts from Mid America, Eckler's and Wilcox.

Enjoy your Corvette, and don't forget to wave to other vette owners.

Welcome to CAC!

I am sure you will enjoy that 84, a very nice year. Good luck and enjoy.

Radar :w :beer

Welcome aboard:w

I'm thinking that the owners manual will have all the driver information display data. I've never looked for one, but I'm sure they are out there.

I used castrol before my motor build but still run it in my other cars and swear by it.

I've never had any issues with mid america, corvette central or ecklers.

Good luck and congrats on your new vette!

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum. You have a great looking car. Love the color!

I stick with Mobil 1 oil. I buy my parts from Ecklers, Mid America Motors, and the occasional brand name off Ebay from reputable sellers.

Enjoy driving around in your dream car. I know I sure do!

95front_small.JPG

Best Regards from Round Rock, TX!

Dave :w

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth if information here.
Enjoy that C4

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom