Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP!! Cant tell time!

themoj0

Corvette
2008 Convertible
2008 C6

So I have read a few LONG threads on other forums about this situation, but some were so long I couldn't finish, and no one had any real idea of what/why and how to fix.
So I just had to have my alternator replaced. So obviously they disconnected the battery. Turns out I actually needed a new battery, too.
Now, the time button on my radio display is blank.
I read in the other forums that it may have something to do with the gps. Turns out, when I click on the NAV button, the gps symbol is crossed out, and nav doesn't work.
So gps is not working now, causing there to be no time displayed.
Anyone have an answer to this?
Thanks!

You found the other link correct?

[FONT=&quot]Found the answer Found it !!! Go back into the MENU>DISPLAY ... Then do a long press in the lower left corner ... after about 15-30 seconds a new screen will appear asking for a PIN ... "295660" get's you into a new control screen. On page two you can set the clock (which is set to the year 2000 !!) BE AWARE it wants the time in GMT !!! I don't deserve the props for the find .. it was on this video YouTube[/FONT]

Found the answer Found it !!! Go back into the MENU>DISPLAY ... Then do a long press in the lower left corner ... after about 15-30 seconds a new screen will appear asking for a PIN ... "295660" get's you into a new control screen. On page two you can set the clock (which is set to the year 2000 !!) BE AWARE it wants the time in GMT !!! I don't deserve the props for the find .. it was on this video YouTube

How many people here have a radio that looks like that???? not I
I was hopeful for a split second..knew it was too good to be true

How many people here have a radio that looks like that???? not I
I was hopeful for a split second..knew it was too good to be true

Did you try it? Just because the radio doesn’t look like the one in your car doesn’t necessarily mean the steps won’t work. Just saying. The electronics could be the same on the inside....the problem is the same, just in a different application. If you tried it and it didn’t work, well, the one thing.....but if you didn’t try, don’t say it won’t work, just because the radios look different.

used-2008-chevrolet-corvette-rwd19chromerimsnavigationheatedleathertouchscreen-9649-19324554-11-.jpgLOL yes i tried it hahah. Im not THAT bad. :)

There is no "MENU" button on these radios...just the funny button that has the music note/square on it. It takes you to a menu where you can eventually attempt to set the time, etc..( which doesnt work thanks to this bug) .but there is no "DISPLAY" screen either. And no screen where there is a place to do a long press.

Last edited:
We’ll just have to keep trying then won’t we? :L Thanks for your input!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom