Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! How many C4 Callaway ZR-1's ?

kaijumax

Corvette
1990 Callaway Supernatural
I have been trying to find the exact number of Callaway ZR-1's that were produced with and without Aerobody's. I've separated the Callaway Production Stat's from the 1986-2001 Production List.
http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/Numbers.htm
Looks to be a total of 24 coupes w/ 9 AeroBody's from 1990 and 91.
All the 1990 and 1991 SuperNatural Coupes must have been ZR-1's since I don't believe there were any based on the L98 motors that weren't B2K's, but the 1992-1995 Coupes are mixed w/the LT-1's Callaway SuperNatural Coupes.
I have not tried to forward this to Mike V. or anyone yet from Callaway.
I've put it on a spread sheet PDF. attachment.

Thanks!:w

Jim, unfortunately, if those numbers could have been broken down further (for the chart), they would have been.

Best guess here, is between three and four doz. of the cars. Fewer than two doz. Callaway AeroBodies were made in the ZR1 width. But not all the AeroBody panels were fitted to CR1/SNATS, some wound up on cars with "other engines" from elsewhere :ugh

I hope this helps :beer

Thanks Chris,
I didn't know if there was any additional information available (locked away :L).
This helps satisfy my curiosity in gathering as much information about these cars as possible.

Jim,

How are you doing? Did you send in your spec.sheet to Corvette fever yet. I faxed mine in on Tuesday. I think we spoke on this Topic when we were at the photo shoot but not sure. When I received my car I specifically asked Callaway the # of CR1's made that had the Aerobody and were 490's with the Center mounted exhasut and I got an answer of 11 with mine being #10. This may narrow your overall total bit a more, for the 475 CR1's built.

Regards,
BR

Hi Ben,
I sent you a PM.
Jim

Jim,

How are you doing? Did you send in your spec.sheet to Corvette fever yet. I faxed mine in on Tuesday. I think we spoke on this Topic when we were at the photo shoot but not sure. When I received my car I specifically asked Callaway the # of CR1's made that had the Aerobody and were 490's with the Center mounted exhasut and I got an answer of 11 with mine being #10. This may narrow your overall total bit a more, for the 475 CR1's built.

Regards,
BR

As I understood there will be a "spotters Guide" database on COG somewhere next year.

when we all join our information we gathered over the years we should get this database filled very accurately.

at this very moment I am categorising all my pictures and information again, when I see special CR-1 info I will mail it to you.

I'm am also going through all my old magazines to try to identify issues w/ Callaway corvettes in them, to trace the CR-1s. Hopefully this will help also.

As I understood there will be a "spotters Guide" database on COG somewhere next year.

when we all join our information we gathered over the years we should get this database filled very accurately.

at this very moment I am categorising all my pictures and information again, when I see special CR-1 info I will mail it to you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom