Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help on changing weatherstripping

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
I am getting ready to put new weatherstripping on this whole car (before paint) and can't figure out how to replace the weatherstripping that goes across the windshield. It seems like I need to actually remove the windshield to do this but that doesn't seem right. My manuals don't talk about how to do this.

The specific piece I am talking about runs along the pillar post on each side and across but is not a part of the roof panel weatherstrip. Can anyone help?;help

You don't have to remove the windshield. Look closely and you'll figure it out.

I can't be of much help because I royally screwed mine up when I did it last year. :L Sorry.

_ken :w

I think the reason I am having a hard time figuring it out is because the nincompoop who owned the car before tried to formagasket in the cheapy foam-type weatherstripping in this area. So it is just a mess........

Do I just attempt to remove all that crapola and then it will be clear how to install the new? Does it clip in or ????

You're going to have to remove the aluminum pieces that surround the windshield... Wait! How about a picture instead? Click it to blow it up. ;)

_ken :w

i have an 85

how much is it costing u to do that your self
i need to re do mine,, around my windows

Well, it is much cheaper to get the weatherstripping off of Ebay than buying them though the normal Corvette catalogs. I can't remember how much it cost for this particular weatherstrip but I remember it being a conga deal!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom