Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP!!! stinky heater

black_81_vette

Corvette
black 81 corvette 4-speed
Well I brought my vette out after a long winter and Yikes it stinks!!! There must be a dead mouse in the HVAC unit! I sure do not want to pull the dash and ripping things apart trying to find his little dead @$$. Taking the blower out looks like it might offer a good view in there.All I know it stinks real bad if you sniff by the screened air inlet on the cowl on the passenger side. Do you guys think that may work or do you think im in trouble ? Any way to kill off the stink?

you maybe able to take off the cover in the foot well on the passenger side,where one of the body bolts are,check in behind the glove box,
you maybe able to jack up the front of the vette and look on the frame by where the frame starts to bend in.
hope you don't have to tear the HVAC apart....
Damn critters!!!!!:mad

If your sure its comming from inside the HVAC system I think removing the dash will be the easiest way to do the job right (sorry for that). Of course there is a way around the dash but leave it in place and it is going to take you hours and hours to work around in the end you'll still need to remove it.

Greetings Peter

If your sure its comming from inside the HVAC system I think removing the dash will be the easiest way to do the job right (sorry for that). Of course there is a way around the dash but leave it in place and it is going to take you hours and hours to work around in the end you'll still need to remove it.

Greetings Peter
Lord I hope I don't have to take the dash out! I know that's just asking for trouble!

It isn't that bad (compared to a dead mouse somewhere). But first try the other options!

Greetings Peter

On my 73 I figured while it was apart I would update the Heater Core, Fan, all the seals.....The Assembly Manuel has been a great help to the guys doing the work.

Karsten

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom