Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with production info

'96-Z51

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition LT4 Z51 coupe (red interior
In the spring I decided that it was time I bought that C4 that I've been wanting, after 25 years of family cars; I was going to spend the summer looking for one....the next day, I found and bought this one, shown at the dealer's showroom, 70 miles from home:
Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 4.24.45 PM.jpg
LT4 and Z51, which I wanted, but even more luck brought me silver with red. I've found production numbers for the CE coupe with red interior, but does anybody know if/how I can find out how many CE's got the Z51 package?
Any leads would be REALLY appreciated.

Corvette Museum

In the spring I decided that it was time I bought that C4 that I've been wanting, after 25 years of family cars; I was going to spend the summer looking for one....the next day, I found and bought this one, shown at the dealer's showroom, 70 miles from home:
View attachment 22501
LT4 and Z51, which I wanted, but even more luck brought me silver with red. I've found production numbers for the CE coupe with red interior, but does anybody know if/how I can find out how many CE's got the Z51 package?
Any leads would be REALLY appreciated.

Very nice car! I own a 95 Coupe in artic white, chrome c6 wheels, magna flow SS mufflers, dark tinted windows with 40k. No one can understand the excellent road handling especially with the FX3 selective ride control and heavy duty suspension. This was the first vette that hit 1.00 gs on the oval. Now for your question, send an email to the corvette museum or give them a call. I found out thru them that my FX 3 ride control in 95 sold only 753 out of 13k. I tried to see how many of those few were Artic White but hit a dead end. Good luck Doug S.

Very nice car! I own a 95 Coupe in artic white, chrome c6 wheels, magna flow SS mufflers, dark tinted windows with 40k. No one can understand the excellent road handling especially with the FX3 selective ride control and heavy duty suspension. This was the first vette that hit 1.00 gs on the oval. Now for your question, send an email to the corvette museum or give them a call. I found out thru them that my FX 3 ride control in 95 sold only 753 out of 13k. I tried to see how many of those few were Artic White but hit a dead end. Good luck Doug S.

Thanks for the advice, Doug. I will contact the Museum. Sounds like our cars are very similar (have you posted a picture of yours somewhere on the site?). And under-rated, you're right! How long before these cars are 'discovered' for the insane supercar bargains that they are?

Another question: with the Magnaflow mufflers, do you get a resonance in the interior in 6th gear on the highway? I love the sound of the car with the Magnaflows, but I haven't taken her on a long road trip yet, and it might make me want to go back to stock mufflers.

And I thought of another question: since you're obviously into handling, what tires are you on, and do you recommend them? I'm about to order a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, but I'm still wondering.

Lt-4

Congrats on your find, silver over red is stunning...............

Bought my base coupe in 2002 for $18k, only option on the car is the LT-4 making it quite rare. Arctic White over Saddle, still under 50k mileage.

Great performance and pretty much underrated as mentioned. As far as these cars being "discovered", I wonder that as well. Values of low mileage cars have been pretty flat but no longer depreciating. Going forward it will be interesting to see how the values of C-4's play out. Just my 2 cents..........

I run Continental DW Extreme tires, were the best value when installed about a year ago.............

Well, here's the end of the thread....I took Doug's advice and emailed Betty Hardison, archivist at the National Corvette Museum, and within less than two hours(!) she responded with the information that I was looking for: my car is one of 60 CE coupes with Z51 and red interior built in 1996.
So it looks like they are able to cross-reference more RPO's than I thought they could.
Next thing on the Corvette bucket list is to drive it to the Museum and thank Betty!

A friend of mine here at the fire dept also has a LT4 CE in the silver over red but I don't think he has the Z51 option. Beautiful car w/ 48k miles and a hoot to drive w/ the 6spd stick. He'd had it 10yrs and I'm the first person he's let drive it (back from the Sept 2015 meet at NCM).

LT4Man, a forum member has a red gut silver LT4 CE. Don't know if it's a Z51, but I imagine it is.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom