Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with windshield wipers 80

J

joefloyd

My wipers stoped working on my 80, I think the switch is working because when I turn it on I hear a clicking behind the passinger seat where the jack is mounted. There is an electrionic controller assembly there so if it is clicking there the switch must be working. ??? With the switch on I checked the motor for power and there is no power. Can someone advise me as to what the problem may be? I think it may be the controller, if it is do you know were I can get one. Is there a way that I can go direct from the switch to the motor. I know that I will not be able to adjust the speed of the wipers if this can be done. I don't plan on driving in the rain but you never know.

Thanks Joe.

Hey Joe,
My 79 wipers stopped on me last week. I went under the hood and cleaned the electrical connections to the wiper motor and gave the motor a couple nice raps with a hammer. The wipers have worked since then. I'm not sure which technique did the trick - the contact cleaning or the hammer tapping. I know that electrical motors will sometime get "dead" spots when they start to go bad. Tapping them with a hammer is only a temporary solution.
My wipers work but don't run smoothly. It seems like they are "dragging" across the windshield. My wiper blades are new and my windshield has been treated with Rain-X. Any ideas?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom