Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Here I Go AGAIN!!!

Rowdy1 said:
Well after much talking to many people, a very simple thing was asked of me today. Did I look to see if the driveshaft was turning when I let the clutch out, even though there is NO noise and the 62 doesn't move. I didn't blow the new Richmond Gear Super T10 trans or the new Centerforce clutch, I snapped the pinion shaft in the rear as near as I can tell without removing the pumpkin because the driveshaft IS turning.

The same thing happend to my 62 many years ago. When disassembled, the problem was the ring gear bolts had all sheared off. I was running 4.88's with a ring gear spacer. Guess that setup wasn't strong enough. Reloaded with a set of 4.56's without a spacer and no problems until I lost the car to fire.

Sounds like time for a 9" Furd under there. When I used to race my other cars I was constantly breaking rears. They are pretty fragile if you beat them. The 9 is expensive at first but it evens out after a few blown OE pumpkins.

Looks Like It..........

Duntov-097 said:
Sounds like time for a 9" Furd under there. When I used to race my other cars I was constantly breaking rears. They are pretty fragile if you beat them. The 9 is expensive at first but it evens out after a few blown OE pumpkins.

I've been away for a few days to a mini Daytona Bike Week but before I left I made a few calls to get pricing on a Currie and Strange (spell check) 9" housing complete less the wheels. It'll be custom built to bolt up to my suspension, tubes cut, axles 31 spline heavy duty any ratio I want. Looks like I'll have a whole bunch of OE parts for sale. I'll post as things develope.

Gee, I Forgot.....

67HEAVEN said:
What about that run for Top Flight?
smiley-rotfl.gif

Top Flight or Top End?;LOL ;LOL :lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom