Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

High or low tone horn?

rch105

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red II Coupe
Can anyone tell me what side the high and low tone horns are mounted on? Since one of mine went out, there's nothing to compare the remaining tone to, so I don't know if what tone I do hear is high or low. :rotfl ;help

My horn is not stamped indicating the tone...anyone else help?

An Answer

A GM Parts Warehouse employee finally got me the answer I was looking for...
Driverside (left) is the low tone
Passengerside (right) is the high tone. :upthumbs

I have the same problem, one went out and now it sounds like a high pitched calf, where did you find the replacement? Salvage, eBay, GM? and how much?

Hi Jeff,
After calling or going to a number of places, which included yards, internet, Corvette specialty businesses, dealers, and local auto parts stores, I ended up at our area GM warehouse (I get 10% over cost thru our club). I was unable to find an exact replacement. What I ended up with is a generic Klaxon made in a 3rd world country and has a package of universal connectors and plugs. It seems the originals rust out (location?) and something inside rusts away. I'm not satisfied and will keep looking, but it does meet our state inspection requirements so I needed it to pass inspection! One would think an exact replacement would be copied for those wishing to keep their C4 stock looking. And the cost? Around $32.00 for me. I believe the list is almost $50. Good luck, and if you find any let me know! Rick

Thanks Rick,

You would think a horn is a horn is a horn, someone told me once to buy the matching notes from an old caddy, that would get people out of the way! I will keep looking since I do want it to sound the way it was designed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom