Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

High Speed Intermittent Miss

New is out. Old is in. Started on the first try.

I'll run to temp tomorrow and set the timing.

The oil pump meshed a lot easier with the old than it did with the new.

It's killing me to have this nice shiny billet aluminum distributor on the bench with the old corroded unit in the car. :cry

Now you're talking! Set 'er up and try it out. Don't wait for the weekend, I couldn't stand the suspense!:L

In light of the oil fluctuation coinciding with the noise the last time I took it out, I've decided to pull the pan and replace the oil pump before taking it out again.

If only life would slow down and give me some time. Been working long hours including weekends, which I almost never do, and baseball starts tomorrow overlapping with 2 nights a week of basketball.

Good luck Bob,

It looks like Jack is pointing you in the right direction once you get some time to get to it. If it wasn't so far to travel, I would come over and help you. I could use a little warm weather.

Pump is replaced and old distributor is back in. Everything is good.

After Cruisefest I will put the new distributor back in and see if the noise cames back. If it does, I will need to get back with MSD. While it is no outside the warranty, I think I have documented the problem sufficiently to convince them that the problem originated during the warranty period. :L

If the noise doesn't come back, then it was the oil pump.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom