Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Holley 650 CFM Four Barrel Street Carburetor

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
I want to know if the Holley 650 CFM Four Barrel Street Carburetor
PART #: 0-80555C is a worthy replacement for the QJet. Does it perform well when installed? What, if any, adjustments need to be made when installed and are there any other parts needed to install the carburetor? I need some real reviews and first hand knowledge. I understand that the QJet is the best when tuned correctly. I have had issues as of late and looking for alternatives and doing my research.

I run with dual quad Edelbrock 600 cfms and never have to mess with them. They are the number 1405 carb and I use an Edelbrock dual quad manifold.

I have the 670 cfm Holley Street Avenger on my car. It had an Edelbrock AFB (that gave me all kinds of trouble)on it when i bought it. Besides setting the mixture screws i haven't touched it since i bought it.

PART #: 0-80555C is a worthy replacement for the QJet. Does it perform well when installed? What, if any, adjustments need to be made when installed and are there any other parts needed to install the carburetor? I need some real reviews and first hand knowledge. I understand that the QJet is the best when tuned correctly. I have had issues as of late and looking for alternatives and doing my research.

IMO, compared to a properly tuned Quadrajet, the Holley 650 is not a worthy replacement. However, if you're wiling to accept less fuel mileage and perhaps degraded driveability, once the Holley is jetted properly, it will perform quite well.

Yes it is a VERY GOOD replacement for the Qjet. I'm running one on my 78 and it is great. Much easier to tune than the Qjet. I'm sold on the Holley. I can smoke the tires when I want and the tach will hit 6500 with ez. :beer
Gary
SAVE the WAVE

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom