Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

home page display bug

shark454

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe 1972 454 auto red
How come the Latest News section in the upper left corner of tbe home page has its text and picture on the same left-hand side overlapping each other? The picture was once on the left and the text was on the right, but not any more. Is it a browser setting,or a bug? Any ideas?

I checked it out on my computer and everything seems normal. I tried a couple of times and each time the photo's appeared far left with the text to the right of the photo's.

I even waited for the update and change of topics and all seems normal ;shrug

I will move this up into our "Site Help & Feedback" forum hopefully this is a simple answer and solution.

Bud

I am running Vista 64 and the 64 bit beta version of Explorer. I know it has issues but this doesn't seem to be a complicated thing. I just opened your web page from Safari and it opened just fine.

This is probably a "feature" of the beta 64 bit Explorer thanks for checking. I should of tried that sooner.

Save the wave!

This problem is a result of this web page being designed for an older version of Internet Explorer.

This is the help and support solution:
Help and Support

This is how I solved my problem.

If the problem only occurs on a few Web sites, and Internet Explorer is still usable when you open these Web sites, turn on Compatibility View for only the Web sites that are causing a problem. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. In Internet Explorer, open a Web site that is causing a problem.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Compatibility View.
    Note If Compatibility View is not available, the Web site only runs in Compatibility View or Internet Explorer 8 mode. If this is true for you, try Method 1A.
  3. Repeat steps a and b for each Web site that is causing a problem.
    Internet Explorer 8 now displays these Web sites like Internet Explorer 7. Use the Web sites that caused the problem and verify that you can now use them correctly. Then see Method A verification and next steps.
Hope this helps others!

How come the Latest News section in the upper left corner of tbe home page has its text and picture on the same left-hand side overlapping each other? The picture was once on the left and the text was on the right, but not any more. Is it a browser setting,or a bug? Any ideas?

It's an Internet Explorer 8 issue. I'm looking into it.

Yes ok. I did the above suggested compatability switch and the text graphic problem went away. The website did say it is related to IE8 and it is a result of something on the web page that was designed for older browsers.
Just trying to help. Thanks for the reply...good luck!
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom