Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hooker big block header question

Ed's 1970

Corvette
1970 Stingray coupe
I am possibly looking to install cylinder heads with raised exhaust ports (Dart, RHS, canfields, brodix, etc) approx. 1/2" higher than stock. I have a set of hooker super competition headers with the 2 1/8" primaries and 3 1/2" collectors. Does anyone know if the raised exhaust ports will cause fitment problems? I was told the headers will not align up correctly with the tranny cross member. It will be a custom dual 3" exhaust.
Thanks Ed

I dont have a Corvette with those headers but I do have two early Camaros with the same configured headers including one with Dart heads. Neither set had any installation problems. I dont know if your set will go through the Vette cross-member. However custom bent connectors should handle that problem as I do have to make a new custom set for my own 68 Vette. 3 in. is tight but doable. A lot of Vettes out there with 3 in. exhaust. Not much ground clearance howeve with those headers.

Thanks, perhaps a raised exhaust port will put the headers a little higher for better ground clearance. I could possibly go to dual 2 1/2" also, but I already have the mandrel bends for the 3.0". There was a guy on this board who installed pro topline heads with raised exhaust ports and he said there wasn't a problem, but I can not remember what brand of headers he had.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom