Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Horn does not work.

m0rdecai89

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Edition Ruby Red Coupe
Hey I have a 1993 ruby red corvette in which the horn had decided to stop working. When I push it it makes a clicking sound that seems like its coming from the glove box or somewhere in the car on the passenger side, maybe the fuse box. I checked the fuse and it was not blown but just to be safe I replaced it anyway and still nothing. Any ideas or anyone have a similar problem?

Sounds like a Relay to me! Check the horn relay!:cool

Illustration below showing relay location, however if you hear a click the relay is probably working fine. I would remove the wire connector from one of the horns and connect a test light between the green and black wires, if it lights when you press the horn button all is good to that point and the horns are bad.
If it does not light you will need to trace the power wire back to the relay or verify the ground connections are clean and tight. The grounds are on the frame rail behind the park/turn signal lamps.

fuelpumprelay93002.jpg

Take the wires off the horns and hook a test light to the wires!!Push horn button,If the test light lights the horns are bad!!! (Common Problem) If the test light don't light,it's probly the relay!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

That the heck is this?

;shrugI have a related question on my 84 horn -the relay sounds good and one horn works a little. Can the horns be repaired in any way or do I just need to get replacements?
The "What the heck" is that, near the drivers side horn there is a ground wire that had electrical tape over it -which made me think that it was a ground problem.
When I took off the tape there is some sort of resistor crimped in line. when I jumped the resistor with wire, it blew the coutesty light fuse?
I covered it with electrical tubing and taped both ends and replaced the fuse and the lights work fine ...so what the heck is this resistor or what ever?
Can this have anything to do with the coutesy lights not coming on when a door is open? The lights all work fine when I turn the headlight switch, so I know that they work.
Thanks,
Glen

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom