Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do quit this outfit ?

bucket

Corvette
everything was fine, until my suporting membership became an automatic credit card deduction...i dont recall authorizing this action, but, that doesnt mean it didnt slip through the cracks..
none the less, i dont know how to contact the powers that be on this..
so how do i quit, and most importantaly HOW DO I STOP THIS SITE FROM TAKING MONEY FROM ME ???

everything was fine, until my suporting membership became an automatic credit card deduction...i dont recall authorizing this action, but, that doesnt mean it didnt slip through the cracks..
none the less, i dont know how to contact the powers that be on this..
so how do i quit, and most importantaly HOW DO I STOP THIS SITE FROM TAKING MONEY FROM ME ???

My understanding is the option to automatically renew supporting membership must be selected; it is not default. I will move this thread to the appropriate forum and send a PM to Rob, the site owner/administrator, who takes care of all financial matters.

Out of curiosity, why did you think posting to the C4 Technical Section would be the appropriate manner of addressing your concern rather than posting to the Site Help & Feedback section or sending a message to either Rob or any of the mods/admins?

-Mac

Go to Paypal and cancel the subscription. Enter cancel subscription in the help center search - follow directions. BTW - there is no way ANY site can take your money from Paypal.

Go to Paypal and cancel the subscription. Enter cancel subscription in the help center search - follow directions. BTW - there is no way ANY site can take your money from Paypal.

i did this, thanx

I see that my fellow Staff members have answered your question or otherwise made suggestions to eliminate the auto pay option, so.... just an FYI.

I renewed my subscription just last night through Paypal and Mac is correct, one must select the auto pay option because it is not set up by default. I stopped using auto pay because a few years ago, I discovered that Paypal had not paid the subscription. I've no idea why it was discontinued - a glitch in their software I suppose.

I've paid it manually since that time to be certain it's paid every year.

Jane Ann

It would be nice if we got a notice in a PM to let us know that our supporting membership is about to expire. From what I remember one day you look at your post and see that you're not a supporting member anymore.

It would be nice if we got a notice in a PM to let us know that our supporting membership is about to expire. From what I remember one day you look at your post and see that you're not a supporting member anymore.
Is it possible you are using a different email address, JR? I ask because I did receive an email notice. That's how I knew it was time to renew.

I pay my supporting membership each year along with CruiseFest registration fee ;) that seems to work :chuckle except the year we didn't have one...

I register for CruiseFest even if I don't go... I figure it helps out with expense's and some folks would rather see my money at CruiseFest than Me anyway ;LOL :D ;)

Bud
:w

No Jane Ann I'vehad the same home e-mail every since I joined here.
Hmmmm... I'm stumped JR.

I double checked to be certain I was giving out correct info and I have this in my inbox:

Dear XLR8,

Your access to the paid subscription "Supporting Member" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit Corvette Action Center | Corvette Forum | Blog | 2010 ZR1 | 2011 ZR1 | 2010 C6 | 2011 C6 | 2011 z06 | Forums

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Corvette Action Center

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom