Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How do you properly store t-tops when removed??

samm

Corvette
1981 candy apple rocket
i just bought my first corvette 1981 and can't seem to properly position them in the rear cargo space.would anyone have a picture on how to place them ? i wouldnt want to damage them.

Thanks in advance. Samm ;shrug

1st Welcome to CAC!!!:thumb:thumb

2nd,I just put mine in the bags and PLACE them in the back whether side by side or on top of each other...
haven't had any problems with them yet!!!!:thumb:thumb

Thanks,one more question..

which shop manual should i get? My engine is modified but i would like to have one for everything else i might do to her. Such as panel removal n stuff.

Assembly Instructional Manual also know as AIM. you can get them off ebay or part providers. They also sell it on cd for $40.

Also the service manual.
It will cover pretty much every system in the vette!!!!:thumb

i just bought my first corvette 1981 and can't seem to properly position them in the rear cargo space.would anyone have a picture on how to place them ? i wouldnt want to damage them.

Thanks in advance. Samm ;shrug
This is actually amusing because the bags originally made for the tops are ridiculous. To small and not secure. I just put them in the bags, put them in the back and use the tie down straps. Realistically, I only do this when going on long trips or far away. Most of the time I leave the tops in the garage. The vette does not come out when it's raining.

Do you have an owner's manual? The owner's manual shows how to store them. Order a reproduction owner's manual when you order the AIM and service manual.

:)

Most of the time, the tops stay in the garage. If I do take the tops, I put them in the bags and put them in a V formation over the wheel well. they seem to fit that way decently without overlapping them but it can sometimes be a pain in the butt to get right. If it's just a quick trip (like to the store), I have a packing blanket that I put in between the tops to protect them.
I however, do not drive with the tops on. It just seems so wrong.

T-Tops spend the summer here.

Gary

ttoprack1-1.jpg

i put them in the bags and lay them on top off each other with a towel in between them.

This is one of the best accessory purchases I've made.

Click the picture for a link to Zip, who's a supporting member selling it.
It fits in the back of the car when I want to take 'em with me, or just sits in the garage. There's a pad in the bag that you use to separate the tops. Works excellent!

wow i think im gonna make me one of those...........Beautiful settup

I had bought the original bags and they are pretty small! I bought some thin foam at JoAnn fabric to help with them. Now I only take them off when I know its not going to rain (which is almost never this year). I love the special rack in the photo! Maybe hubby will make me one!

The rain was absolutly terrible this year in mass. June was the worst one since 1926 and it probably rained 28 out of 31 days.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom