Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many C5 owners do we have here?

R

Rick Daniel

I cant help but notice that most of the post here are about C2, C3, and C4 Corvettes. How many C5 owners or want to be`s do we have here and what do we need to do to increse the C5 traffic? :)

I "will" be !

Rick,
I think the fact is that there are many like myself who "will" be C5 owners soon, but in order to quench our thirst and live within our means, we settle for what we can do for now. I grew up in a Chevy dealership and although we had vettes from time to time, they were not mine. My brother is the third generation dealer (my grandfather got a Chevy franchise in 1926.. the oldest continuously owned franchise in Louisiana) and I keep up with the industry very closely, although I don't work in the dealership. I am now at an age that I wanted to turn my attention to ME after devoting so much time and $ to my kids. I think that I will be making the jump to a C5 in a couple years. Until then, the 96 LT1 will have to do.... about as close to a C5 as I could get.

Just think.... all those pre C5ers are great prospects for a shiny new one!!!!!!!!!

i sold my c4 92 vettte for a 2000 c5 vette. love the car.
my kids our out of college so now i can get my toys.
i figured since i finshed the college payments just turn the payments into
corvette payments ! hey the wife went for it !

stw. ray

I think the problem is most C5's are still covered under GM for problems and if you can afford a C5, most likely you will be paying for your work to get done for you. People find these forums when they have a problem... go around breaking C5's and we will get more C5 traffic... LOL

On my second C5!

What a panic this car is!

I have a 97 silver coupe. I acctually have gotten many tips from this forum :)

C5 ownership

I have a '97 black on black coupe. It is my first (but not last!) Corvette. I hope to be able to buy a 2002 or newer Z06 in a couple of years. I just have to own more of my current 'vette or get a fatter wallet...

It is a funny story about how I got my car. I started talking to my wife about wanting a Harley. She suggested that maybe I should get a fun car instead. I bought a turbocharged Eclipse, but wanted a larger displacement engine. After a while I started talking about looking for a used Viper. It was just idle talk. But my wife came to my rescue and suggested a used Corvette instead! I thought "What a good idea!" I had read quite a few car magazines and knew that I wanted a C5, so that is what I bought. The down-side is that I have caught a disease- Corvette Obsession. I currently subscribe to FIVE Corvette magazines. I guess that it is better than drugs, but not much cheaper.

Got into my '02 Red Coupe in May of this year. I had a '62 in '68 for 3 years. Got out of school, got a job, got married, get rid of Vette, had kids. Now it is my time to play again. What a difference 40 model years make; LOL. I love my Vette.
DRTH VTR - I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I just walk into the garage to look.:s :beer

Hey Rick,
Why don't you start a poll? I am kinda curious myself. I got mine in the Spring. My dream was to own a C2. Now that I got my C5, I am very glad that I didn't fulfil me dream to a tee. The new technology is incredible to say the least. I hope the C6 improves as much as the C5 did over the C4.
Scott
:_rock :drink

My 2000 coupe is my 4th Vette . My first was a 69 back in 72 . Then an 84 entered my life while on a drinking binge back in 87 . Number 3 was an 87 coupe bought in 2000 . I was sober that time though !

I have a 98 couple purchased in February. I absolutely love the car and have found numerous tips and helpful information on the forum.

I have an 02 Coupe I've had about 3 months now. I love this car, have always wanted a vette but this was the soonest all necessary factors converged, i.e. MONEY. Just never could make that final push into a 50k car until this year. Am absolutely thrilled with this car, has been a long time since I CARED about the car I own. I'm 42 and haven't felt about a car like this since my first one in highschool. Anyway, my two cents.

C5 driver here!

My dream is to own one of every generation at the same time.
--Drew:w

I have owned 7 vettes, currently have 3(78 Pace Car auto, 96 Collector Edition- LT4 Vert and 02 Mag Red 6speed vert). I have an 03 Anniversary Car on order..Nuttin better than driving a Vette. I use the 96 as my daily driver.

This is my third Vette... 1991 Coupe, 1993 Z07 Coupe, now my 2002 Z06... waiting to see what the C6 brings before I "upgrade" again.
vettepilot

our 3rd one 2

started with a 74 then got an 85 now the 97 :). not to many problems with the car and if i did they were fixed right away. looking to buy another c5 hubby wants a stick and mines auto
so just making mine look pretty he wants a zo6 to take it to stage 5 (west coast corvettes) . one for shows one for racing. told him to wait they might just put a 427 in it yet
but still would love to own a 67 someday :)

I must say i'm a wanna be!! But my next goal is to have a c3 sitting next to my 84!!!!

Rick asked a good question. The C5 forum here has been one of the slowest to grow. I've been wondering myself what we can do to increase traffic here. If anyone has any suggestions, speak up!!!

For those of you that know C5 owners that aren't members here, let them know about us!! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom