Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many miles? So, am I nuts?

Hey Gregory, how's things with you?

Hi Paul, so you want the Ruby back? I figured you might someday. Has all that snow melted?

LT4man,
So you are saying that at the time of the opti recall in 92, that the dealer would simply drill a hole into the bottom of the opti and attach some tubing and that kept the water out, and allowed the unit to breath? I thought the warrenty fix was simply installed another opti that had weep holes.

My Ruby did not have a warrenty opti installed, so it very possibly has the origional opti at 105k.
The 92 Z07 possibly lasted 117k before opti replacement as you are suggesting.
Our project car, a 94 Z28, had the opti replaced around 70k.

I have no problem with the the LTx generation. In fact, I am very impressed with the output and longevity of these engines.

Hi Tom, All the snow is now gone. What a crappy winter we are having. The first event I am looking at is a track day followed by 7 high speed autox events (NCCC) at Hallett (April 16-18). I'm not spending any money on the racer this year, but it really doesn't need anything. Normal maintenance is done. Hope to see you this spring.

120000 on my 91 Convertible and still going strong. Water pump and Alt. new and some work on the injectors, New brakes at 100000 and thats it. Car is in great shape interior and exterior wise. Drive it....

LT4man,
So you are saying that at the time of the opti recall in 92, that the dealer would simply drill a hole into the bottom of the opti and attach some tubing and that kept the water out, and allowed the unit to breath? I thought the warrenty fix was simply installed another opti that had weep holes.

When I picked up my Vette, from what I remember, there was a venting kit which was installed on my original Opti. The time allowed for the warranty repair was much shorter than what would be required to replace the Opti. I did not see the technician install the kit, so I cannot comment on the specifics.

I put 51,000 miles in two (2) years on that Vette with multiple engine washings and never had an issue with the Opti.

The day I traded my Vette, a new owner came by and purchased mine. My salesman had called him about two weeks previously and told him my impeccably clean Vette was coming in shortly.

I'm one of those Corvette owners that doesn't drive his Corvette daily even though I can as I live in SoCal.

I'm not really trying to "save it" for someone else to enjoy.

My original intention when I bought my 1991 in 2003 was to have a toy to drive and tinker with. I already had a daily driver. It had 31k miles on it in '03, and now it has 55k miles--so 24k miles in 6 years. Compared to some I am pretty young so I still have plenty of time to drive her. I also have a sport bike so that's my other toy so between that and the 'Vette, the mileage is split. If I had more leisure time (I work 5-days a week), I would drive the 'Vette more. With a 7 mile commute, it's not really worth it and not as much fun to drive ANYTHING. It's all stop and go in the suburb and I never get over 55 mph. Even then, I have to watch out for motorcycle cops collecting revenue so that's frustrating in a 'Vette!

Mine is a daily driver... I have 257k on the clock and still going strong... cars are meant to be driven in my opinion....

cor041.jpg
Wow, I thought I enjoyed mine alot.... I have a 91 conv. with 172K and finally putting a new/rebuit auto trans in that one. I also have a 96 LT4 with 110K on it, putting a new clutch and flywheel in as we speak. FYI, I also have two sons(22 & 26) that have been driving them to any special events since their HS prom's til present and we drive them all summer to shows and events from Mackinaw City, MI to Atlanta, GA.
My point is, drive them and enjoy them. You didn't buy as investment cuz is not so get on smiling daily as you drive it anywhere ya want. :thumb

I must say, the cars I've stolen got driven a lot harder than I drive my Vette, but the Vette is a lot more fun! Enjoy the ride, but respect the machinery! You'll probably get stuck for the repair bills!

I've got 240,000 miles on my '84, and the fun just keeps rolling on, and I frequently get compliments when I stop for gas!

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom