Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much HP from this mod?

soggytaco

Corvette
96 CE LT4
How much of a HP gain can I expect from a KN filter with cut lid on my LT4? No othe mods I was thinking 5 HP. Thanks

If this is a stock car, I believe the difference will be within the deviation between dyno runs. IE not noticable/immeasurable.

aboatguy said:
If this is a stock car, I believe the difference will be within the deviation between dyno runs. IE not noticable/immeasurable.

I agree - and you may want to check into "GREEN" brand filters while you are at it and skip the K&N :m

You may actually lose some power-----I used to use K&Ns on two other cars, and then started doing some additional research. The technical aspects of this issue is a LOT more complicated than I thought, and there are lots of misconceptions. Also, I believe the author of a very good book on the c4s ("1001 projects for your C4 Corvette" or some similar name), did some research on the dyno and found very little gain, or even a loss. I will check the book tonight, as I don't want to be misquoting him. There are lots of other threads on this topic if you do a search, but the bottom line seems to be that there is a substantial body of evidence that K&Ns are essentially expensive gimmicks. Just buy an AC and save the money for something else on the car that it is not controversial.

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

From the research I did, the cut lid is a bit more beneficial than just putting in a K&N on C4's -- but it's a matter of the total mod package.

I noticed no SOTP improvement when I put mine on, but I was changing the filter anyway and adding a chip and exhaust later. So, to me it was a small investment for probably a small improvement.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom