Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much should I offer for this ZR-1?

SPANISHVETTS

Corvette
before 60,63&82 now 90 383 Stroker & 91 ZR1-Sold
pubimage.asp

1990 ZR1

The rt. rear is damaged also but is an easy repair.

No frame damage, the airbag did not deploy.

68000 miles.

Interior is in good condition.

Engine and gear box look/sound good.

Remember, I am on the wrong side of the pond. If a clamshell has to be shipped from the US it’s going to cost $$$$$$$$$ in transport alone.

Hmmm...maybe post some numbers?
a. cars worth if not wrecked
b. cost of parts
c. cost of labor

:pat

How did the accident happen? It seems strange that the airbags did not deploy, unless it was hit while parked.

kathy

RedHookGal said:
How did the accident happen? It seems strange that the airbags did not deploy, unless it was hit while parked.

kathy

Well if it did not take out enough sensors it is possible

I would not pay more then $10,000 US for it. This way if it gets to expensive to repair you can part it out and get your money back. (maybe). Im guessing that looks like $15,000 in damage depending on the rear damage and Im guessing the whole car would need to be re painted.

I'd go 7500 to 8000. max.

Check out Corvetteforum, there have been a few bought/sold lately to get a feel for the market in the US. Values overseas are much different I'm sure. I copied this just for the info about the car ,not trying to promote it, just the most recent.

I'm selling my baby (one of them anyway). It's a Turquoise Metallic/Black 91 ZR1 with 46K miles. I am the second owner, and have had this car since late 1993. The car is spotlessly clean, and is basically like new inside and out. Many of you may already know this car. It was a "People's Choice Award Winner" at BG Gathering in May, 2002. It has chrome facory wheels with Bridgestone RE71s (easily 75% tread left), and an extra set of chrome rear wheels (with BFG Drag Radials mounted). The engine is custom painted by Maurice D. in Florida in silver metallic with red letters, and it also has matching red LPE Samco hoses and the red Samco air inlet duct. Car has the usual bolt ons; Watson headers, exhaust, MTI chip, LPE radiator, lowered rear, 4.11 gear. All stock parts are available (except radiator). This is one of the best looking ZR1s in the country IMHO (lol), and has been meticulously maintined and pampered. I really can't describe how good this car looks in writing, you just have to see it. I'm asking $25,500 to faciliate a quick sale.

There are others, along with pics. Arm up with some info/details and presented well to the owner, you may have a good deal. BTW, hood/front are common vette,doors back ZR-1 specific fglass.
That is how I bought my first vette. 5 years later I sold it for 2k more than I had spent on it the whole 5 years I had it(1976-1981). That was the best car I've ever owned.
Good Luck in your quest!!
:v

Im not sure what they are asking but as is I wouldnt go over 12K for it If your doing the work yourself and it sounds like it!!

which would tell me your just like myself you do it all yourself even the paint and that fix wouldnt be hard to do.
I would have to look at the damage all around but it dosent look like it hit the frame

As far as the hood and bumper I would try and contact some of the corvette guys in england there are quit a few if you get ahold of clint hopper or someone with the ZR1 registry list of members there are more than a few over there with you
but if you get the big parts from them I think the price wouldnt be all that bad.

or you can give me the guys contact info and ill buy it from him and have it shiped back that would probably cost as much as shipping a hood out there!
powersjk@nassau.usmc.mil if you could send some info if you pass and if you have any other pictures id like to see them

have a good one

johnny

Keeping in mind that you are in SPAIN...

What is the seller's asking price?
That would be a good starting point.

I deal with salvage cars all day and I wouldnt pay more than
$4500 for that VETTE in that condition.
Why? You may ask... because I see them all the time... and $4500 is what I would consider fair ACV.

Give me the money instead and Ill find you one cheaper.

JASON

Full Bull

Only digital shots i have, between work and Wx???? Maybe this weekend:D Profile has the widebutt shot:cool

The car is in Germany. He was asking 10K US for it with no takers.

He claims it was a low speed spin caused by black ice.
The front stuck under a parked truck and the back hit the car parked behind.
:eyerole

There is no hurry, no time to work on it until the Fall anyway, besides I already have too many projects/toys in the garage. :duh

I was thinking about sending him a check for $5000(only good with title transfer attached) and let him sleep on it. If he gets desperate for cash, I get a ZR1, if he gets a better offer, good for him.

Thanks everybody and keep up the input!
:beer

:pat

SPANISHVETTS -- I was thinking about sending him a check for $5000(only good with title transfer attached) and let him sleep on it. If he gets desperate for cash, I get a ZR1, if he gets a better offer, good for him.

Now thats the type of thinking I like!!!

;)

I love that kind of horse trading, but I would not bite on 5K, gotta be worth 15 plus parted out.

Of course not many people are in a position to part out a car, hence salvage yards.

froggy47 said:
I love that kind of horse trading, but I would not bite on 5K, gotta be worth 15 plus parted out.

Of course not many people are in a position to part out a car, hence salvage yards.

I must agree partially
it may depend on what you get for the parts when you sell them
but as for used engines I haven't seen a lt5 for under $5,000
so if I wrecked my car I wouldn't sell it for 5K not in a hundred years Id part it out and take the money and run lots of good parts on that car..
but due to its location that's kind of a pain!!

johnny

Why? You may ask... because I see them all the time... and $4500 is what I would consider fair ACV.

JASON [/B]

????? For a ZR-1?? I don't think so..

LEEJANDZ said:
Keeping in mind that you are in SPAIN...

What is the seller's asking price?
That would be a good starting point.

JASON
I agree with you and that car looks like it does have frame damage it does'nt take mach to bend that horn at that angle

Keep in mind the seller is in GERMANY...
Hard to part out a car there...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom