Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much should I offer for this ZR-1?

bans25 -- ????? For a ZR-1?? I don't think so..

Not to attack you... but I think you may need a lesson in salvage cars 101.

The ACV of a salavge title ZR1 is around $5000 depending on condition.
The ZR1 in this thread is worth about that.

What is that ZR1 worth on the private party market in mint condition?
What would the same ZR1 be worth according to an insurance company?
The difference is the dollar amount I said... $4500

:D :D :D

JASON *** BRAND NEW MAGNECOR WIRES FOR SALE!!! *** 1979 L-82

LEEJANDZ said:
Not to attack you... but I think you may need a lesson in salvage cars 101.

The ACV of a salavge title ZR1 is around $5000 depending on condition.
The ZR1 in this thread is worth about that.

What is that ZR1 worth on the private party market in mint condition?
What would the same ZR1 be worth according to an insurance company?
The difference is the dollar amount I said... $4500

:D :D :D

Actually I worked for a body shop for 7 years, and we bought and repaired salvage cars from auctions all the time. Granted I haven't worked in that field for 7 years now..

I didn't realize this car was oversea's therefore I have no idea what its worth, for all I know it could be gold for the few ZR1 owners in that area,

Over in the US, I have never seen a complete ZR1 go for $4500 in any shape let alone one that can actually run and yard drive.

If this baby is worth $4500 what is a regular C4, or a C3 in the same condition? 1500?

bans25 -- If this baby is worth $4500 what is a regular C4, or a C3 in the same condition? 1500?

In my area. You can pick up a L48 or L82 C3 for under a grand.
With such a broad range of C4's... anywhere from $1000-4000.

Most of what is still drivable, gets picked up for 25-50% more.

He has received my check and came back asking $8500. I told him to put my check under his pillow and sleep on it. My secrete weapon is that even if he takes my offer I can’t start work on this car until the Grand Prix season is over in the Fall. No hurry, no pressure, no foolish mistakes.

You guys are throwing out some good info, Keep up the good work!!!
:CAC

Keep us posted... Next time I am in the area, may have to drop by!
(We have an office in Tangier, but I usually fly into Malaga or Algeciras and take a ferry to Ceuta)

Piet,

If you are flying business or first class it is the same money to fly into Jerez, which is only 9 miles away from me. It is the same or less time from Jerez to the Algeciras ferry docks as it is from Malaga. Sorry we have no Puerto Banus on this side of Spain.

If you have time I will introduce you to the racing team and have a look around the Jerez Grand Prix circuit.

I usually fly into Malaga or Algeciras and take a ferry to Ceuta
Why would you go to Ceuta more than once in your life? The Spanish – Moroccan border there is a real B!tc#. We pop over to Tangier by ferry several times a year. We have never spent more than ½ hour in Customs at the Tangier docks even when we take a car.

If it is not impolite to ask, what type business are you doing in Morocco?

The computer company I work for has an office there. My cousin has been working out of that office for the last two years. Went for a visit and did some work....

Computronix
We have a work management software called POSSE that specializes in permiting and inspections. Lots of municipal clients in Canada and USA, dealing with housing permits, environmental inspections, elevators, nuclear power facilities, highways, food service inspections, etc...

Been through the border a couple of times.... OH MY GOODNESS... bring a snack! We got to the point where we scanned in border documents, and printed them off pre-filled !

froggy47 said:
I love that kind of horse trading, but I would not bite on 5K, gotta be worth 15 plus parted out.

Of course not many people are in a position to part out a car, hence salvage yards.

I have seen high mileage ZR1's in the teens - lowest one was a 91 w/ 115k for 15k back in 95ish :eek
I would be that car could be had for 10k or Less - unless a fool and their money get parted :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom