Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to decode the build sheet for the build day

R

Rkeetle

Does someone know how to decode the build sheet to discover the day your C4 was made?

I bought the build sheet and window sticker from the National Corvette Museum but the build date is in some type of code. For the build date it has:

91/136

My C4 is a 1991 but what date is 136. Hint the door post says the car was built in June of 1991.

Thank you for the help!

:cool

If my math is correct, the 136th day of the 1991 would have been May 16th or there abouts. I seem to remember a post on the Grand Sport Registry about a descrepancy of a couple of weeks between the build sheet and the date that is on the window sticker.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Thank you!

Based upon your prompt replies, I took it one step further. I was able to reach the "expert" at the National Covette Museum. She said the correct build date is May 16, 1991 or day 136 of 1991. The sticker on the door says June. It appears that the build date can be at least two weeks prior to the door sticker.

I'm aware that this post is old. I was searching for help to decode my build sheet for my 1984 C4.and the search came up with this post... Some of the numbers on the build sheet are..... In the 1st Box.. the Job Sequence #01 is 00012909 / Box #08 is 0012909 / box #09 is the Full Vin# 1G1AY0786E5100521 with BS off to the right in the same box.

the Box #10 is labeled
"Sched No. Date" as
01-0521
12-16

most of the other boxes are coded with what was added during assembly misc chassis parts and what not.....

then theres box # 105 it says 83-84 85-86

and box #107 list all RPO Codes....For some strange reason or another I do not have the RPO List Sticker anywhere on the car... and its not mounted on the storage compartment doors either

I can upload a full scan of the build sheet it it would help .... Im told it was a January 1983 build car..... the date on the door was 02/83( during the second week of January..) It has the T-shaped door handles, the little Metal tabs on the windshield pillars, It does not have the Bowling Green assembly plant tag on the under-side of the hood

and box #107 list all RPO Codes....For some strange reason or another I do not have the RPO List Sticker anywhere on the car... and its not mounted on the storage compartment doors either

I can upload a full scan of the build sheet it it would help .... Im told it was a January 1983 build car..... the date on the door was 02/83( during the second week of January..) It has the T-shaped door handles, the little Metal tabs on the windshield pillars, It does not have the Bowling Green assembly plant tag on the under-side of the hood

Your car never had an RPO code sticker....they werent on until some unknown date...one of my pet peeves that NCRS has no idea about. I dont recall source but is was some well known guru like Killebrew (used as example-not sure him)who mentioned this on a forum or magazine article somewhere.

Your car is a perfect example of why I dislike NCRS. There should be a record somewhere as to what can first had bowling green plates installed,etc.
If you ever take it apart there are also neat things you'll find. Like the date the carpet was installed hiding underneath in footwells and such.

picture.php
Your car never had an RPO code sticker....they werent on until some unknown date...one of my pet peeves that NCRS has no idea about. I dont recall source but is was some well known guru like Killebrew (used as example-not sure him)who mentioned this on a forum or magazine article somewhere.

Your car is a perfect example of why I dislike NCRS. There should be a record somewhere as to what car first had bowling green plates installed,etc.
If you ever take it apart there are also neat things you'll find. Like the date the carpet was installed hiding underneath in footwells and such.
you said january is Way to early they did start up production of the C4 in january of 1983 they started on the 3rd of that month my VIN# is 00521 that was the number on the car

Here is the full Vin# again( Where did you come up with #5966 ) after reading this number1G1AY0786E5100521( lOOKS LIKE MY C4 WAS AHEAD OF YOURS ) mY LAST 6 NUMBERS ARE 100521 !

this was the message in my email...

i looked it up , they did start building the C4 in january of 1983

what is your Full VIN# , and how did you come up with #5966? ?

Your car never had an RPO code sticker....they werent on until some unknown date...one of my pet peeves that NCRS has no idea about.
January is WAY too early. Our car's build date was 4-21-83 and its about 500 BEFORE your car of 5966. Besides they werent they still building the c3 until March? I dont have #5966 My door sticker clearly says 02/83

Vin...I was working on something else and had 2 windows open...i confused the two having partial info in each after leaving computer. It wasnt until i posted here and read them that realised they were confused. I corrected immediately. My guess is that the accidental post was automaticly sent to your email?...I never sent you any! Your build date certainly seems to correspond with vin ..not the 5966 that wasnt yours

i looked at that and said What the... I've done that too with messaging windows and say something to someone and type it in the wrong window Not a big deal..... i'd really like to find out more about my car and the day it was started, since the C4 production got underway and was at full steam after the 4th of January I figured that it would come to about 50 cars a day or more and the door tag date is after the body os built abd attached to the chassis it would have to be arould the 20th of the month..... and it funy that i don't have the BG tag on the hood

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom