Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

how to remove the rear emblem

L

LarryK 87

how does one carfully remove the rear "Corvette" emblem with out destroying/damaging the underlaying surface.

Not to worried about damaging the emblem as i am replaceing it

unscrew the speed nuts (obviously) then try fishing line to get uner the emblem to cut through the sticky stuff... after you get it off you can get the rest of the sticky stuff off by hand.

If you are not a fisherman, good dental floss works too.

hi larry k,heres how i got mine off-undo the nuts-go get some GOOF-OFF-use a q-tip and put some of the g off around the edges-let it set don't use too much-pull off the emblem-if it breaks ,just put a little more on.when it's all off wax the area-hope this helps dennis :w

Both fishing line and dental floss work well. You may also want to try using a common hair dryer in order to soften/loosen the adhesive.

After you have the emblem off, you can use 3M Adhesive Remover in order to remove the residue that will be left behind on the paint. The 3M product is effective and will not harm the paint in the process.

an air chisel would be acceptable then ???

Actually, we are joking. You cannot remove the rear emblem safley. You must buy a new bumper with the emblem professionally aligned and installed.:gap

yeah, but i hear the new bumpers dont come with giggler springs, and those are discontinued. and to get the rear bumper off ya have to drop the exhaust, and they dont make muffler bearings for that year anymore.
I had one left from an earlier job, but it fell into a bucket of prop wash, and that killed it. why cant they make them out of stainless steel like the giggler springs?

this is getting awfully expensive for a simple emblem change out
i suppose this means i'll also need a left handed adjustable screwdriver?

I used a cutting torch with a scarfing tip and just melted it off.:eek :eyerole

Make sure that the left-handed adjustable screwdriver is Metric before you start though.

Oh, and if it's ok, I need to borrow that bucket of Prop Wash...
I accidentally bought Jet Wash, and that won't work with my prop planes.
I'm assuming it's RC plane compatible.

C V Man

sorry, it's not compatable with RC stuff, BUT, i do have a can of air-free rotor wash that is, AND it comes with a 50' peice of flight line.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom