Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HP

jojo1

Corvette
1996 white coupe
Hi ,everybody,
I own a 96 corvette and looking for ways to add serious horsepower to my vette. I have read all about the rip-off things you can buy and I am staying away. All you 92-96 LT-1 owners I can sure use your help. It will be greatly appericated.
Thanks again,
joj1

simplest way to add power is to spray it (nitrous)...altho nitrous is a pita due to constant reloading of the bottle (typ 30 sec use per fill)...increasing engine displacement is better, but removing the engine and big mods/replacement obviously reqd.

simplest big performance add is to change the rear axle ratio (gears)...the factory was hindered by CAFE requirements and the corporate edict of ''no gas-guzzler tax vehicles'', and the small increases in fuel economy which the lower rear gear ratio gave were important to GM...but you can switch to a more ''performance'' oriented rear axle ratio and find substantial improvement, and in ''real'' life conditions find very little change in fuel consumption.

Build an engine. It's very realistic to expect a well put together stroked LT1 to make 375-400 RWHP and still be very driveable and reliable. And it will still get very good mileage if built with overall efficiency in mind.

I agree with Speedmaster a gear change is going to give you a great feel for the HP you already have. Other than that I would sugest a cam. You really need to figure out what you want to do with the car first.

:w

:pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom