Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD malfunction

navy2kcoupe

Corvette
2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51
Here's a strange one that happened to my 2000 coupe. I was driving to Massachusetts from Florida when I noticed
that the HUD was acting up. The pages were changing by themselves, the display was flickering on and off, but there was
nothing else bad going on at the same time. After about 2 minutes, the display stabilized and I was able to adjust the
brightness, change pages, and adjust the display on the windshield with no problems, BUT...... there was no tach display
on the HUD at all on any of the pages. Turned it off and on a few times with no luck.........the tach display on the HUD
was GONE! The tach on the dash was working correctly, so I figured that I was gonna be in the market for a new HUD
unit. I just dimmed it down and let it show everything but the tach. It worked that way for three weeks, until today. I
was cleaning the car, and was gonna leave the doors, hatch, and hood all open, so I disconnected the battery. After I was done
with the cleaning, I connected the battery, started it up, and noticed that my tach display on the HUD was BACK! I went
thru all of the pages, adjusted the brightness up and down, and moved it around the windshield with no problems and the
tach display never went out again. Needless to say.......I was a happy camper for a few minutes, then I started to wonder
"how long will it last?", and that bummed me out again. Anyone else have anything similar happen to their HUD, and did it
finally go broke permanently?
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom