Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD on 98

K

Karl Snedeger

Can anyone tell me if this is possible. I would like to add Heads up display to my 98 coupe. If I bought the dash and HUD unit from a wreck would it work? That's the only thing I would buy a new Corvette for.

I recently read a thread on this subject somewhere. I think the consensus was that this was a very doable project. The only controversial aside I remember is whether or not it was necessary to also change the windshield. I know that cars with the head-up display come from the factory with a different windshield than non hud cars. There are two different part numbers for the windshields but some felt the display would still be legible with the non hud windshield. Hope this helps a little.

I don't think it would be very clear on non-hud windows because the hud windows have a film made into the window where the hud shows. It is possible to add it, but you would have to take the dash pad off and the gauges out.

Search the archives here or on the other forums. I remember reading a couple of treads from guys doing this install, 4-6 months ago, without the windshield and it turned out fine. It is certainly on my list if I can find a projector at a reasonable price.
Good Luck,

I remember seeing on one of the other Vette forums (sorry, I dont remember which one, but Im sure you can find it if you run a search) detailed instructions, including photos for installing the HUD.

I was looking for one also for my car so far the only one I have found is at the Lingenfelter Engineering site. Here is the URL directly to the item LCD Heads Up Display

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom