Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD System

cfour93

Corvette
1993 Artic White Coupe
Is there a HUD option in the 93 Vette and if so is it possible to add the HUD to one that doesn't have one. Also if possible who can help me in obtaining the parts to achieve this??

Thank You to everyone...

I think HUD started in 1998 - 2000 in Corvettes. I dont really know what good it is. I would be scared to keep my eyes on the HUD and lose sight of the road :)

I'm not sure, but I think one of the C4's had a HUD. I"m probably wrong though.:confused

I would imagine if you could do the HUD in your car, it would be quite a task.

SSTibet: I have the HUD in my '03 and love it. If your focused on the road, you don't even know it's there until you purposley look at it. And if it does bother you, you can turn it off. :D

Nope, none of the C4's have the HUD. I have electronic copies of all owner's manuals between 93 & 04 and HUD appears first time I guess in 99.

I have not used HUD before, but I get hang up on features of the car when I drive it... I am sure I would play a lot with HUD while driving if I had it :(

That would be cool to put a HUD on the C4. I have one on the Z. I don't like it during day time driving but at night it is nice. I have mine set to display on the windshield just to the inside of my view of the left front headlight door. I also have it set to only half intensity. That way instead of moving your head to look at the instrument panel all you have to do is refocus your eyes to the HUD display. Once you get use to it, it is quicker to look at the HUD than your instrument panel. WAY cool:_rock. You never have to take your eyes off the road. I like it a lot on a busy highway.

H.D.

I dont really know what good it is. I would be scared to keep my eyes on the HUD and lose sight of the road

I had HUD on a couple of early to mid 90's SSEi Bonnevilles, I loved it. The beauty of HUD is you don't have to take your eyes off the road to see it. I would love to see HUD on all my cars.

Once you get use to it, it is quicker to look at the HUD than your instrument panel. WAY cool
rocker.gif
. You never have to take your eyes off the road.

I agree

Mart said:
Here is an aftermarket HUD.

Kind of kewl, just need to recess in dash.

Mart

Here is the manufacturer, there are 2 models.
http://www.defi-shop.com/product/basis/basis_top.html

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/concept/concept_top.html

Thanks everyone who stopped by and gave advise. also thank for the link to the aftermaket. Not really thinking i will go this route i'm morc into factory stuff. I had thought when in my younger days saw a C4 with a HUD system but that was a long time ago. I did how ever drive a C5 Convert with the HUD and it was just around night fall and i could not believe how cool this was. So hence the reason i want it in my C4...

Naw..., none of the C4s came with the HUD. Just the info center. You could however go with some aftermarket setup, but I can't even imagine the wiring nightmare that would be with all the electronics involved to begin with. Invariably, some wiring could get crossed and Lord, the nightmare begins.

Your simplest solution could be changing out your stock rear-view mirror. Now that I seen, but the options those replacement mirrors provide are not as sophisticated as the HUD options on the C5s and 6s.
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom