Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hud

Stutterfly

Corvette
black c6 2007
Hi anyone know why hud is excluded on the options list, any thoughts out there please dont tell me its standard on 3lt i know?

I don't know if this is what your looking for .Singular options are expensive to market separately .Package options generate a higher profit margin . HUD is one of the most desired options so to get it your forced to buy the mother load.

I don't know if this is what your looking for .Singular options are expensive to market separately .Package options generate a higher profit margin . HUD is one of the most desired options so to get it your forced to buy the mother load.

Hi vetboy thx for replying, that dos,int answere my question. i could agree if there was no options list you buy there 1/2/3/4 lt package,s
and take what your given, HUD is a pretty expensive unit GM still make
a profit on that so why not include it in the options, after all they ask
[build your own] which is missleading i think ,anybody from marketing
in GM please give the forum a call thx. ps 1zr $110.000 no option of sat nav ???
just see how meny unsold units there are in stock.

To add to what Vett Boy said...

Option packages also help to streamline, and therefore reduce, production costs. It all options were offered individually, the cost of a Vette would undoubtedly increase due to higher production costs.

Also, if you take a look at 2 options that are available separate from a group, wheels, and top, there is no need to integrate the options electrically in the wiring system of the car. The HUD, the navigation system, heated seats, adjustable seats all need to be integrated into the wiring system of the car.

There are many options out there that aren't available separately - from Nav to back up cameras. This is true of all the majors. That's just the way it's done these days.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom