Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

i get a shudder when backing up???????

hambone

Corvette
475super natural zr1
I get a shudder when backing up. it doesn't do it any other time wtf ?????anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this . the clutch is brand new , as are all ujoints. it was doing this before I replaced the following where do I go now ?????

Are you sure your E-Brake is not sticking? I would think if it was clutch chatter it would also happen in 1st. Try taking off in 2nd and see if it does it.

Way back when I had my 64 coupe (40 years ago :chuckle), it started doing the same thing. I just lived with it and later it started doing it in the forward gears....it was an easy fix though. I added a small bottle of Positraction additive to the rear end. Maybe your issue?

I get a shudder when backing up. it doesn't do it any other time wtf ?????anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this . the clutch is brand new , as are all ujoints. it was doing this before I replaced the following where do I go now ?????

I had the same issue with my Polo Green 96 after I replaced the clutch. I would get chatter in reverse, especially when backing up an incline, or hill. Once I drove the car for a few hundred miles, the chatter went away. I think the clutch just has to be broken in, you should be fine.

Good luck, oh and lets have a look at the car, when you get a chance.:thumb

don't know how to do the picture thingy , but you can see her on youtube just type corvette bc4 zr1 4/3/2010 Fontana Street Legal Drags or see my black 90 running 12.10 @119.47 @ famoso there is also a another on0of the white car running my buddy darrens 997 supercharged Porsche . its kind cute how he made both of them

I'm with Toms01 on this one. Sounds to me to be a posi problem. Try changing diff fluid and adding the posi additive.

Have you tried Advil ? (sorry couldn't resist it )......Roger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom