Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I got a blinkie.

Crimson Thunder

Corvette
1970 Marboro Maroon Convertible
The left headlight on my Vette has all of sudden decided to come up on its own while i'm driving down the road. I spent some time yesterday going through the whole vacuum system checking the hoses and everything seemes alright. I replaced the Actuators a couple of years ago because Bubba had put two right side ones on the car and one was scratching my hood. I did a search here on the CAC and found i may have a bad relay.I assume the relay "tells" the actuator to lift/lower the headlight. I guess i'm off to the store to buy a vacuum tester today. Anybody have any insight on this problem and can help me out. Thanks in advance..Craig

Maybe this is a good time to call my buddy Chris and order the Killer Lights Conversion.

Well i swapped out the headlight relay with the wiper door relay. I'm going to a car show this weekend,hopefully the headlight will stay down. I found a good troubleshooting guide in one of the many books i own but i haven't had the time to put it to use yet.

Sometimes my wiper door opens when I start the car, then closes. Relay problem also?

Here is an easy way to test it. Take a short piece of vacuum hose and attatch it to the top small post on the relay. Remove the other three hoses(remember where they go). Suck on the other end of your vacuum hose and it will be very apparent if your relay is bad.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom