Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! I have a 1992 Corvette c4, the ASR service light is on, the speedometer reads zero, the security light blinks

joe nissan

I have a 1992 Corvette c4, the ASR service light is on, the speedometer reads zero, the security light blinks 3x's every 15 seconds, SYS flashes next to the MPH, and the car wont go over 3000 rpm......HELP.......

1992 C4 CONV. 80,000 miles.

SYMPTOMS:

Service ASR light on, speedometer reads ZERO, security light flashes every 15 seconds 3 times, runs well, starts every time, but wont rev above 3000 RPM.

Codes: jumped pins a and g.

Module 1- c41, h41, h53, h54, h72,h74

Module 4 error

Module 9 h64, h72

I tried the following> replaced Ecm, looked at all the grounds, still cannot cummunicate with ECM

Last edited:
Are you an advanced automotive DIY, do you own a scan tester and do you have the Factory Service Manual?

I would start by cleaning the battery terminals and giving the battery a deep cycle charge. The next step is to clean your grounds, especially the one on the lower bell housing drivers side.

the car fixed it self tonight in the rain....so a ground??? how weird

Ok drove car home tonight,,,, after watching it carefully, I noticed a week ago while driving it she began to miss and the speedometer read 220 km on the digital display.....then shortly thereafter, it shut down.....I pull to side of road, I tried to start up again it would not.......I disconnected battery,, reconnected it, and it started...therefore by disconnecting battery something was reset......TONIGHT I took car out in the RAIN.....after about 15 minutes of driving everything started to work......SO something got wet and completed a ground ?????? before jumping A and G i had codes in module 1, module 4 err, module 9 codes as I mentioned in my past post.....tonight I have codes in all three modules, module 1 had h41, h54, h72......module 4 --- was clean and I was able to get into the ECM HURRAY LOL, module 9 had code h72,,,,,, but still the service ASR light was on.......when I got home I checked the codes again but this time using the dash function I cleared codes in each module, and the SERVICE ASR light went off....and now the car in NO LONGER in LIMP MODE, and I also have full power and the AC is working again......SO MY QUESTION IS "WHAT THE HECK DID THE RAIN DO TO COMPLETE WHAT CIRCUIT" to me it seems, as crazy as this will sound, when car was dry it was missing some connection, and all the electrical issues developed, the car got wet and the rain bridged something....... with electrical its the opposite lol......so let me calm down and ask the question.....if the RAIN fixed the car, what can I look for when its dry.....WOW, what a question...If anyone of my customers told me what I wrote....I am sure I would think this person was crazy.......I now have see it all......THINKING out loud, again driving in the rain completed a GROUND ??? connection, something and all the functions mentioned cleared up.......HELP>>>>> your friend JOE..... ps am I crazy lol.....KK

1992 possible ECM issue

I have a 1992 Corvette c4, the ASR service light is on, the speedometer reads zero, the security light blinks 3x's every 15 seconds, SYS flashes next to the MPH, and the car wont go over 3000 rpm......HELP.......

SYMPTOMS:

Service ASR light on, speedometer reads ZERO, security light flashes every 15 seconds 3 times, runs well, starts every time, but wont rev above 3000 RPM.

Module 4 error

Module 9 h64, h72

I tried the following> replaced Ecm, looked at all the grounds, still cannot cummunicate with ECM

I was going down the highway, slowed for traffic, could not regain speed; however, rpms would not go above 3000. Please help!

SYMPTOMS:

Module 4 error

Module 9 h64, h72

Im exactly having the same problem as you Joe. Have you been able to rectify the issue. If the ECM has been replaced, then it would probably be something else. Some members on this forum mentioned about making sure that the ECM and ccm is communicating. But does anyone know where the ccm is?

1992 corvette 5.7 litre c4

any ideas would help. Thanks

Im exactly having the same problem
does anyone know where the ccm is?
CCMlocation1.jpg

C41 in Module 1 is a lack of Comms between the ECM and ECM.
Caused by any one ( or more ) of many frustrating to identify problems

Start by checking the wiring
Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums - View Single Post - pulling my hair out

Thanks for your reply. I'll double check all the ground wirings.

Once I do that, would the lights on the dash disappear by itself? Or Is there a way I can reset the codes, that way I know it fixed the problem?

Thanks

Once I do that, would the lights on the dash disappear by itself?
Or Is there a way I can reset the codes, that way I know it fixed the problem?

Thanks
If the fault is gone the light will go out
but you manually have to clear the stored codes by disconnecting the battery ( or the ECM fuse ) for 1 min

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom