Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I know this is taboo to some,But.....post pics of flares or wheels or both or custom

Billsvette

Corvette
1969 vette coupe
Im going to put flares on my car,either the l88 or the one ecklers sells,also putting different wheels also.Could any of you guys that have put flares or custom wheels or both,post pictures of your cars,all c3s.I would like to get ideas.thanks so much.

Im going to put flares on my car,either the l88 or the one ecklers sells,also putting different wheels also.Could any of you guys that have put flares or custom wheels or both,post pictures of your cars,all c3s.I would like to get ideas.thanks so much.

Hey Billsvette
I think C3's with nice flares and wide rubber look sexy to, almost "predatory" Try looking on the older threads under "L88" or "flares".
Alternatively try this link
http://mcspeed.homestead.com/Flare_Install.html
Which has great insight into the procedure and during & after photos.
There also some info on www.corvettefaq.com exterior.

As far as being Taboo......remember this?

"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried".
Mae West.

Good Luck
:beer Grant

heres my 73. it's got stock TA's, 275-60-15's in the rear. i bought it in 1990 and the flares were on it so i have no idea what brand or any info on the flares. see my pics for more pics.

Depot9.jpg

If you look through this Thread: C3, there is at least one with flares.. (Last page, Twin Turbo), if i recall correctly, it's more then one.. ;)

:w
-Stefan

Cars look really nice,lets see somemore pics of different mag wheels ,flairs,custom work done ,hoods,etc.Maybe we can make this like a picture album to save .

my heap o junk

vette3.jpg

vette1.jpg

flares1.jpg

Billsvette said:
I know this is taboo to some,But.....

Whose name is on your Vette's registration? That's who you have to keep happy! :)

-Mac

Whose name is on your Vette's registration? That's who you have to keep happy! :)

-Mac

I know,but if some people hear that you are going to alter a vette from stock,they get very upset.Ive had that happen a couple times.These people are usually other vette owners.And yes ,thats why im changeing the looks ,its for me.

Twin turbo,where did you get those flares?Is that the L88 ones?Thats the ones i like.

Yes, they are L88 flares. You can get them from frank gregorian (fgregg racing) aci, mid america motorworks.... m.a.m. is 100$ cheaper than directly from ACI.

my heap o junk

vette3.jpg

vette1.jpg

flares1.jpg
Ive been wondering this over th last few months. The red vette on the bottom, are the grey vette and the red vette the same car, or is one of them just a drawn picture? Like the rims!
zachh

Ive been wondering this over th last few months. The red vette on the bottom, are the grey vette and the red vette the same car, or is one of them just a drawn picture? Like the rims!
zachh

The red car is a photoshop of a model car, it's how it's supposed to end up looking.

Here's my 71-the flares on the rear were done prior to my purchase in 81. So, I have no idea who made them.

P1010017fp.jpg

P1010018fp.jpg

Here's the work on the rear deck to fit the rollbar-

P1010021fp.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom