Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Miss (Driving) My C5

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Another outrageous winter storm this weekend in New England followed by hours of snow removal. The C5 remains in it's winter quarters and I haven't driven it since mid October. Snowbanks along my driveway are close to shoulder high and we are expecting more snow in a few days. At this rate the Vette will be in winter storage for another two months. I will continue to take medication.

Remo:ugh

People move for far less. It may be time to GET OUT OF TOWN. Call me. I'm in the mortgage business.

We feel your pain dude. We dont have as much snow but the salt is definitely out and my Vette is definitely not. Just watch some good car movies like Gone in 60 Seconds with Nicolas Cage.

I drove mine today, 50 degrees and sunny!!! I think the snow is done in CT!!!!!!!

But don't you just love the change of seasons?;LOL

Keep your head above the snowdrifts, it will be over soon I hope.:w

Shoot down here on Airtran. We'll get a couple together for you to drive a few days for a 'fix'.:W Corvette cruizin' is classified as a class 3 drug addiction.

Interesting Response

Remo, I'll empathize with you. It seems like this stuff won't end. I was up in NH yesterday and my parents still have a solid foot-and-a-half in their backyard. I just want to drive :lou .

And as for the rest of you out driving yours..... I wish I had a comeback.

Chad.

Hang in there Remo, only 6 more days till spring. You'll be cruizin before you know it.

First warm (a relative term) day we had two weeks ago, I spent an hour shovelling out the '93 JUST so I could take a spin around town. It felt DAMNED GOOD!
Snow on the order of a foot the very next day.
And I hadn't even recovered from all the work.
Bummer!
Remo; Spring is but a few days away. CLICK CLICK. Spring is but a few days away.

silver-eagle said:
First warm (a relative term) day we had two weeks ago, I spent an hour shovelling out the '93 JUST so I could take a spin around town. It felt DAMNED GOOD!
Snow on the order of a foot the very next day.
And I hadn't even recovered from all the work.
Bummer!
Remo; Spring is but a few days away. CLICK CLICK. Spring is but a few days away.

John,

Even though you are only 4 cubicles away, I thought you died ;LOL.
BTW - I went to pick up my new vanity plates for the Vette today, they came in as "Camper" plates and had to be sent back!

:w
Guy

Remo,

I hate to hear a fellow corvette lover suffering. I feel your pain (to a lesser degree I know) because I've been sick and unable to enjoy my car and take advantage of the good weather we've been having.

Sounds to me like you need to plan a trip to a warmer climate - preferably a destination where you can rent/borrow a Corvette for a day!

Here's hoping we can both get back in the driver's seat real soon. :beer

JAG

I haven't even seen my car since the last week of October!
And with all this sand on the road, it's gonna be awhile before I see it again!
DAMN it's been a long winter here.

No snow on the ground here but the roads are still a mess. I'm waiting for a few days of rain to wash them off so I can uncover Annie and go for a long deserved drive.

Remo, you keep talking about not being able to drive the Vette but you say you can't go the the CAC Cruise Fest. Come on everyone, we need to "shame" Remo into making the trip ;LOL.

:w
Guy

If Nut drives 650 miles for a hamburger Remo needs to get on over to BG.

Aren't we spoiled brats.....think of the vast Vetteless!!!!!

In the South, it's not a question of IF you can drive the Vette... The only question is if you can drive with the top off ! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom