Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Miss (Driving) My C5

Canada is the same way. First day of spring today (or tomorrow) and its nothing but cold and snow. Global wrming my a**

atmmac said:
I took mine out yesterday had to go to a detail shop to get an estimate on getting it professionally buffed.

Andy,

Things must be looking a little better down there in Hanover, Still plenty of snow pack up here on the MA/NH border. Honestly, I think my back yard has been offically declared a glacier. I saw some scientists out there yesterday tacking core samples.

Remo:cool

Easter Deluge

If it makes you feel any better Remo it rained 3 inches yesterday with 45* and is still raining sideways today. Expedition weather, damn the exploding cruise control recall.

Tomorrow 72* back to Spring in the South. Your plight is near an end in a little while. At least she isn't depreciating mileage wise.

atmmac said:
my insurance goes back on Wednesday!!

You don't keep it insured year round?

John,

If you don't have a loan on the car, you can simple drop the "collision", towing etc. on the vehicle while it's sitting through the winter. Personally, I keep fire and theft on, just to be safe.

Remo said:
John,

If you don't have a loan on the car, you can simple drop the "collision", towing etc. on the vehicle while it's sitting through the winter. Personally, I keep fire and theft on, just to be safe.

Remo,
I can never remember what you can an can't drop, so I just keep it fully insured year round. I've always done this, even before switching to Hagerty's (much cheaper the Metpay) last year. Thanks for the info,

-John

I keep mine insured that way I can drive it, just got back from NJ the only bad weather was last night and early this morning. I feel for you guys in the north east It may be June before you can drive.;LOL

Being a young driver with a "sports car" I will drop the price of my insurance at any chance I get. Mine is still covered with just Fire and Theft. As soon as the weather stays nice for longer then a day I might go back to full coverage so I can drive her back to school and keep her with me. However, if I have to drive the Corvette while she is not fully insured, you can just call the insurance company up and tell them to cover it for a day or whatever you need.

Ripp 76 said:
Being a young driver with a "sports car" I will drop the price of my insurance at any chance I get. Mine is still covered with just Fire and Theft. As soon as the weather stays nice for longer then a day I might go back to full coverage so I can drive her back to school and keep her with me. However, if I have to drive the Corvette while she is not fully insured, you can just call the insurance company up and tell them to cover it for a day or whatever you need.

exactly what i do just fire and theft. My insurance is soooo high. It gets a little lower each year. When i was 16 with it it was ridiculous. Even at 18 its still ridiculous.

tlong said:
If it makes you feel any better Remo it rained 3 inches yesterday with 45* and is still raining sideways today. Expedition weather, damn the exploding cruise control recall.

Tomorrow 72* back to Spring in the South. Your plight is near an end in a little while. At least she isn't depreciating mileage wise.

I had mine out on the past 2 sundays.
they were sunny and I just stayed on the main roads where the sand was pretty much gone.
I keep the Insurance on mine year round.

George

Well, it finally stopped raining here in tax-hell MD - been raining for a week! Forecast calls for sun this afternoon, tomorrow and Thursday with more rain on Friday.:hb At least a few days of Corvette weather.

The longest I let the car sit this winter was 4 weeks. And that was a tough 4 weeks. I didn't think it was going to stop snowing. But I had it out this last weekend. It was just too nice out not to. The only problem is the occasional road spray from melting snow, but otherwise the roads are fairly clear. It has now been raining heavily for the last two days, so hopefully things will start improving. Get those cars out and drive them! Well, not today, but as soon as the sun comes out again!

Chad.

This past Saturday I stopped by to speak to the guy that's storing my car. He told me that nobody has taken their cars out of his storage warehouse yet.
He's going to do an oil change/tuneup/etc, on my car when it comes out, and we're looking at the first week of May right now.
Hopefully people will start taking their cars, as mine was one of the first stored back in November....that means there's a ton of cars blocking mine!!!

Here is a picture at the Delaware Water gap last Friday, took 611 south to my Sons new house by Willow Grove Naval Air Station

DSC02276.JPG

vetmaniac said:
Very rare - a dirty Vette!!!! :L

I haven't taken many pictures since mine is driven more then it is washed, but that picture was after 550+ miles; it got so dirty the headlights were dim ;LOL
Odometer clicked over 80,000 on this trip.

Remo, I know you will be glad to hear my AC still works fine. I was burning up at a red light.

I am not a kind man.

tlong said:
Remo, I know you will be glad to hear my AC still works fine. I was burning up at a red light.

I am not a kind man.

Tim - you're killing me and I know you're enjoying it. - Remo:cool

Finally picked up my car yesterday. I had a new clutch installed, tune-up, etc, and DAMN did that thing run sweet! It rode better than it ever has! Ron (guys in MA know Ron's in Fitchburg, MA) changed out the transmission grease while putting in the clutch, and the difference in shifting is unbelievable. Talk about smooth. The car just seemed so responsive, and quick, and nice.........maybe it's just me, but it sure did run great. I've been driving Jeeps since last November 1, so maybe I've just forgotten
what it's like.
I'm looking forward to a great spring/summer, although it doesn't look like I'll be driving this weekend!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom