Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Miss (Driving) My C5

gmjunkie said:
Can I and my Bitter Half come too? Do you allow Hillbilly's? With White Lightning ? If so We will come, If some one up North will give CoolHandLuke a Ride!! I will even bring my Getfiddel and amp., Edmond should bring His!!

Absolutely, on all counts. But you must tell her to please, refrain from being too bitter while she's there. The Cruisefest is for Happy Campers!! :L :L

Tammy

The West Townsend Contingency

Remo, it is pretty obvious to me that you, and your fellow Northeasterners (by virtue of guilt by association), are being punished because you have steadfastly refused to come to Cruisefest.

I'll be doing my best to represent West Townsend.

I will have to admit to actually taking the 'vette out yesterday. But it was for a good cause! A friend of mine was up from Florida and he is thinking of buying a new Mustang GT :ugh . Of course, one drive of the 'vette and he was rethinking :cool . Now I just need to push him over the edge!

Chad.

My heart bleeds for you Remo. Really. I miss driving my C5 and I just pulled into the garage 30 minutes ago.

Yet another good reason to live in the SOUTH. I can't remember a week that I haven't driven mine. I just had to rub it in. Hang in there guy summer is just around the corner.

I want all you southerners to know that next Hurricane season... we who get to deal with Yankee Cotton will remember this thread. And we will rub it right back atcha. :L

-Patrick

G WIZ said:
My heart bleeds for you Remo. Really. I miss driving my C5 and I just pulled into the garage 30 minutes ago.

G Wiz - you're killing me - Remo (check six):cool

It's supposed to be in the 40's the rest of this week, and hit the 50's next!!! YES!
I better stop by Ron's to make sure my car will be ready for May 1.

JJS said:
It's supposed to be in the 40's the rest of this week, and hit the 50's next!!! YES!
I better stop by Ron's to make sure my car will be ready for May 1.

John - Are you talking about Ron's Corvette Restoration in Fitchburg? - Remo:cool

Remo said:
John - Are you talking about Ron's Corvette Restoration in Fitchburg? - Remo:cool

Yes. I stored my car with Ron this past winter. He's also going to do a few things (tune-up, oil change, etc) before I pick it up.

Remo said:

Remo, have you ever been to Ron's? If not, you really have to stop by. It's a sight to behold, with all the old vettes in various stages of restoration. Ron (and his people) always take time out from whatever they're doing to chat with you, and show you what they're currently working on.
I don't need an excuse to take the ride over to Ron's, just to see what's going on over there. My wife also loves to take the ride and look around.

JJS said:
Remo, have you ever been to Ron's? If not, you really have to stop by. It's a sight to behold, with all the old vettes in various stages of restoration. Ron (and his people) always take time out from whatever they're doing to chat with you, and show you what they're currently working on.
I don't need an excuse to take the ride over to Ron's, just to see what's going on over there. My wife also loves to take the ride and look around.

John - I love the place. Anytime I'm over in Fitchburg and have a few minutes I stop in to see what they're working on. Was there this past Tuesday - they were finishing up some work on a future NCRS 100 point 62 red convertible.

Remo:cool

WOOHOO!

I finally got mine out today! I think I'll taker her out for a birthday ride tomorrow too.

Makes me glad I live in Columbus, Ohio (who would'a thunk?) 3-17-05 and 50*. Too bad my Z's still under the knife.:cry

Even in Missouri I think that I drove the '04 Z06 to work at least once each week this winter, 46 miles each way. Some days temps were down in the teens or single digits and I swept snow off of it a time or two. Today and yesterday it was sunny and upper 50s - great Z06 weather!

Kevin

Remo said:
John - I love the place. Anytime I'm over in Fitchburg and have a few minutes I stop in to see what they're working on. Was there this past Tuesday - they were finishing up some work on a future NCRS 100 point 62 red convertible.

Remo:cool

Remo,
It really is like walking into a candy store, isn't it???
I enjoy going there during the summertime, when they have the cars out in every parking lot in the area.
It's such a rundown/depressed locale, that you'd never expect to find a business like that there. But NOBODY messes with the cars! I think he takes good care of the people that live around there (jobs), and they respect the guy.

-John

JJS said:
Remo,
It really is like walking into a candy store, isn't it???
I enjoy going there during the summertime, when they have the cars out in every parking lot in the area.
It's such a rundown/depressed locale, that you'd never expect to find a business like that there. But NOBODY messes with the cars! I think he takes good care of the people that live around there (jobs), and they respect the guy.

-John

Ron is a great guy too. He's an NCRS & Bloomington judge and very involved witht our local NCRS Chapter. He opens his doors once or twice a year for the NCRS so we can use his lifts for tech/judging classes.

:w
Guy

Guy said:
Ron is a great guy too. He's an NCRS & Bloomington judge and very involved witht our local NCRS Chapter. He opens his doors once or twice a year for the NCRS so we can use his lifts for tech/judging classes.

:w
Guy

Guy,
Ron's is the only place I take my car. I wouldn't let anyone else perform work on it. He's an extremely honest, and down to earth guy. I was going to have him replace the cam and hydrolic lifters to solids (previous owner had solids replaced with hydrolic during frame-off resto), and I asked his opinion on the work. He said "hey, it's an easy job for us, and it's easy $$$ for us, BUT, the car is running so well, I don't know why you'd want to do it.....sure, you'll hear the lifters tapping at every stop light, but you also might find that tapping to be annoying....my advice is to leave well enough alone, since the car runs so well the way it is."

I respect that. And I had the same reservations about doing the work, but I also wanted the car to be as close to stock as possible (that's the only change from original)....it's just that I wanted to hear it from him.

-John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom