Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I need some fast help guy's

$5500 or Less Huh?

Such a deal:duh

yeah, but its wierd

you only see L98's or Lt1's for that price

or the L83's

c5's and c3's are like 15K or so here and up

its wierd

anyways,, i order 30 pound injectors and a adjustedable fuel regulartor

hasn't came in yet i order from ecklers
cost me 362 bucks for the injectors and 80 for the regulartor

now my question is this,
what should i set my pressure at the stock setting is 39 i think

would be 42 be better and since i have higher flow injectors should I increase it or what,,,

I still think my car isn't getting the air into it

i put 100,000 miles on this 85 and the air filter is as clean as brand new, so i must have poor air flow right?
I put it on the lift and there isn't anything blocking it
there isn't any crap built up anywhere either,, sigh,

I took off my throttle plate

and the gasket was broke in two peices
and it was dirty in there i forgot to clean that part when i was clearing the TB

then i found that when i put my engine back together i notice that i put a radator hose back on and it pintch a vaccume hose going to my idle control.. and it un pluged it from the other hose

leading toa vacumm leak,, so really i had two vaccume leaks,,
hehe

i finally got my 30 pound injectors in the mail today
havn't got the regulator yet,, self addjusted, that is..

i'll keep u guy's updated

I'm going to live to regret this........

Shadow,

I have been ( over time ) following your posts.

There has been a lack of consistancy of your technical information.

It's confusing at best to myself and the other members here who have been ATTEMPTING to give you GOOD advise.

(E.G.) Corvettes are $5,500 around here.

What does this have to do with your car problems?

OK first...
List what has actually been rebuilt-replaced-and exchanged on your car in the last 6 months.

Limit the conversation to the engine & exhaust only.

Now as far as your pursuit of the perfect idle... the spec is 450 rpm for low idle set WITHOUT the IAC plugged in.

This TEST is to set the throttle plate minimum position.

Once everything is hooked up CORRECTLY the idle WILL creep up.

If you start tweeking it down FURTHER, the car will NEVER run properly.

Not to mention an engine.. either new/ rebuilt/partially overhauled/ or a bone stock
high milage will never be PERFECT.... you get as close as you can and let it be.

Start with the stock specs... with stock equipment.. and work your way up from there.

And for Kreist's sake... do ONE thing at a time...get that right and move on..... stop shotgunning your car.

Please read & understand the shop manuals.

Or buy one of the $5,500 ones that has FEWER problems.

Vig!

Re: yeah, but its wierd

Shadowing1985v said:

anyways,, i order 30 pound injectors and a adjustedable fuel regulartor

hasn't came in yet i order from ecklers
cost me 362 bucks for the injectors and 80 for the regulartor

now my question is this,
what should i set my pressure at the stock setting is 39 i think

would be 42 be better and since i have higher flow injectors should I increase it or what,,,

What is done to your car to need 30# injectors?? I honestly think you will be beter off modifying the MEMCAL/ PROM to accomodate the 30# injectors. Your STOCK OEM injectors are 22# and let's say the stock FP at WOT was 39psi. You mention setting the APFR to 42psi. Well if you think about it. you have BIGGER injectors which is MORE fuel at the STOCK psi and you want to up the psi to 42!!!
:eek

I think you need to either DROP the fuel pressure with the 30# or get the PROM reprogramed to accomodate 30#. If your motor is Stock the 30#' s are too big.

I have 30# onmy motor, but I rev it to atleast 6K and wanted to keep the duty cycle down on the injectors. I also program my PROM's so I could set the ECM up to handle the new injectors.

hmm, I thought i said wha ti replaced, must of said it on another thread

and on a automatic,, it clearly states it should run at 400 rpms in drive

why would the book say 400 rpms for auto tranny's in drive
on a stock engine

i have my car at 500 right now and it idles perfectly, now

its just really slow still, and if i raise the idle up to 800 . when i put it into gear it goes into gear hard

Im really hoping the injectors i bought doesn't flood my engine out
im going to boost my eletrical system soon anyways,, and my air so eventually it will all level out,, i would think

but i might have to get a new ecm, I hate to get a ecm now when i have plans on rebuilding my engine with miniram

well all eletrical has been replaced and gas,cooling just a few things from my intake hasnt been MAS,and air flow sensor

My biggest problem is the car has no horse power from the start when i first bought my car the car was sucidal, i could floor the gas and the car would do a 360 in the road from start,, now i cant even spend my wheels,, but once it get past 30 miles and hour its really fast, but my top end is only 135 which should be 150.

its timed 6 degrees past top dead center but which way does it have to be 6 degrees towards the driver side or passerager side??? car does 0 back fire can the timing be off and still idel perfectly?

oh yeah

NO internal engine sounds
no signs out the exhaust my cat is gutted
my air filter never gets dirty for some reason i looked at it, and i don't even see how the car can really get all the air it needs anyways

my spark plugs have oil around the threads but not on the tips

so thats good, i think the oil got there from valve cover leak or something,,

i check the compression they are all between 115 and 130
throttle body in good shape
bushing is great on it

I know your problem

Let's see if I can put this in a way that you can figure it out.

IF--your car ran fine BEFORE you started messing with it...
AND--you started "fixing" things and your performance went down
THEN--you messed it up.

IF--you had 22# injectors and the car was "suicidal"
AND--you try to add 30# injectors without pumping 25% more air into the mix
THEN--you just p!ssed away $362!
(more is not necessarilly better)

It sounds to me leik you want a jaw dropping racecar. My advice to you is to take it to someone who knows what they are doing and pay them to show you how to build one...or start drinking heavilly. Either that or go back to what worked before and start adding stuff slowly. Vig is right. Stop shotgunning and start specifically targetting. Or just start drinking heavilly.

yeah, but this isn't my case

forgot to mention

blew the head gaskets

3 days after i bought it

had a guy fix the car, ever since hasn't ran good
for one he did my valve adjustment wrong,, i figure this out 2 years later,, sigh,, after i started replacing alot of things

starting to learn slowly and yes i did alot of shot gun, but i tried to figure out what was wrong,, no chevy dealership knew anything about it

or any mechanics..

the 30 pound injectors arn't even on the car yet,,

when i looked at my injectors they looked like they have been there since the car was made and my car has like 230K miles on it,, i don't think injectors last that long. but I have replaced alot of things that was bad on my car too. like my ecm was giving me a 24 replacing that fixed that, and my ICM was bad, those were the two that i know was bad. Ive done all the work on my car i know my car up and down. pretty close . we all learn as we go. I can't shot gun anymore though seeing that everythign is like brand new now,, but i didn't know much about mechanics and im learning as I go

Im only 19, i just got into mechaincs like 5 months ago

my biggest problem was code 43

knock sensor circute

i didn't really shot gun,, i replaced the things that anyone would of done

like, 43 is knock sensor, and the spark advance thingy

only things that consist , anyone would of replaced those,, im not doing everything blind.

the injector issue is the most blinded thing i have ever done,, but there isn't really any way to test injectors
and it just seems like im not getting the gas
i know my spark is 100 percent fine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom