Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I saw a Callaway Grandsport...please explain?

J

johnny

I saw the most awsome looking vette I ever have seen and I want too know more about this car, who can tell me more about this 1996 vette? It did not have the Lt4 engine but a Supernatural 383 Cid.

How much are made and what was the actually price?

johnny said:
I saw the most awsome looking vette I ever have seen and I want too know more about this car, who can tell me more about this 1996 vette? It did not have the Lt4 engine but a Supernatural 383 Cid.

How much are made and what was the actually price?
The 1996 GrandSport aka "Skunk" was a limited production Vette powered by the LT4 powerplant in which only 1,000 were produced. GM decided to release the GrandSport and Collector Edition 96 vettes to help lure in buyers who were eagerly awaiting the releasement of the C5. The SuperNatural title was given by Callaway for tricked out LT(x) resulting in a 383 CID

How many Vettes did Lingenfelter transformed with that particular body upgrade?

Johnny

I sury don't know. I have heard that there is one in Germany. Thx for the information, I have allready received more information about the GS of Callaway themselfs. There were 2 build.

Hi,

There is only one Grand Sport Callaway with the Callaway aerobody and the Callaway engine...that one is owned by Randy Flock in Rhode Island. There is one other Grand Sport with the Callaway aerobody, and that is somewhere here in the United States. More information can be found on the Grand Sport Registry ... www.grandsportregistry.com.

Elaine

GS Diva said:
Hi,

There is only one Grand Sport Callaway with the Callaway aerobody and the Callaway engine...that one is owned by Randy Flock in Rhode Island. There is one other Grand Sport with the Callaway aerobody, and that is somewhere here in the United States. More information can be found on the Grand Sport Registry ... www.grandsportregistry.com.

Elaine
...and two additional GS'es (SuperNatural 450 cars) wearing the Corvette body including Mark's FXGS (shown below) :v

DSC00005.JPG

What about building a copy of such a car? Using a 96 LT1 or LT4? Stupid? What do YOU think? Or using a ZR1?

johnny said:
What about building a copy of such a car? Using a 96 LT1 or LT4? Stupid? What do YOU think? Or using a ZR1?
Good luck building a copy. You can not buy Callaway parts from Callaway unless you belong in this special group of owners. Good luck getting any info like specs from Callaway owners or Callaway itself. Highly keeped secret info not to be shared.

You can build a motor that is equal to what they build and with the same quality. But that will not make it a copy.

Peer81 said:
Ask Mark (FX GS) ;) Groeten Peter
I own the 1st Callaway SuperNatural Grand Sport built by Callaway Cars.
For more info regarding my car see the April/2004 Callaway of the Month at
callawayownersgroup.com

It is currently at Callaway Cars in Old Lyme as they brought it back there direct from the Carlisle show for some upgrades and "massaging." :D

FX GS said:
I own the 1st Callaway SuperNatural Grand Sport built by Callaway Cars.
For more info regarding my car see the April/2004 Callaway of the Month at
callawayownersgroup.com

It is currently at Callaway Cars in Old Lyme as they brought it back there direct from the Carlisle show for some upgrades and "massaging." :D
I can't help it, but I fall in love with your car. I am driving a corvette for many years now, I have seen lots of vette, special, expencive etc. But for 2 weeks ago I saw a picture of your Grandsport and I thought: this is the car I looked for! The combination of C4 late model, Callaway aeropakkage, Grandsport colors, Callaway performance, a perfect combination. It made me sell my C5 six-speed coupe. I do not know HOW and WHEN a am going to fix this, but I defenity WANT it.

Is it a clone, so it is a clone, but is SURE gives the same feeling :D:D:D:D

johnny said:
If you would like Callaway to construct you a SuperNatural, maybe buying my friends car GS that is in Germany about 20 minutes from Callaway Competition would work??

I spoke w/ him about 10 minutes ago and he would consider selling for the right deal - bluewasp@yahoo.com

here is his dyno sheet on the car as it is now...
gs340dyno.jpg

1gs340.jpg

Was also the only GS present on the Dutch Fame04 show this year.
I think you have some photo's of it John...

Groeten Peter.

thx!

Thx! For the asking. I hope we can come to a deal. I meet once, but I do not remeber his name. I have sent him a mail.

I spoke to Robbert, we did not agree about the car, he has so many modifications on that car. Awsome car, but not what I am looking for.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom