Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I want ANOTHER Vette!

We've all heard the saying about spending your money while ya got it... "You can't take it with you!"
However, if you are concerned about debt, as I get sometimes, I apply the same logic! Yeah, I'll die with my arse in debt because, hey, I can't take that with me either! :L Live happy! Dead is dead.

Life is a short, warm moment. Death is a long cold rest.
You'll get your chance to try in the twinkling of eye
With 80 years with luck or even less.

So just buy another one and be done with it! :L

Evolution1980 said:
We've all heard the saying about spending your money while ya got it... "You can't take it with you!"
However, if you are concerned about debt, as I get sometimes, I apply the same logic! Yeah, I'll die with my arse in debt because, hey, I can't take that with me either!
You know what? You're right! I can't believe I never really realized that! Why am I so stressed out about my debt! Wooooo Hoooo! Vette #4, here I come!!

.........Most Toys, Wins!

Evolution1980 said:
However, if you are concerned about debt, as I get sometimes, I apply the same logic! Yeah, I'll die with my arse in debt because, hey, I can't take that with me either!

well, THAT'S the problem, you can't take debt with you. If you could it would be great but instead you die and leave any remaining debt to your estate and family to have to clean up after you. I'd rather leave my wife some money to live on rather than debt she will owe because of my careless spending.

Sams '66 said:
I hear ya...... :beer
my Infiniti is outside as it is.....the wifes Benz is in next to the L79.....I need a 3 car garage.......I have the cash.....just no space. :_rock
Have the cash?

Just add on to your property and have a three or four car garage!

No problem.

Pedro

Hi all, I agree, the more vettes you can afford the better it is for your outlook on life and the fun & grin factor is hard to beat. AH, the debt is a problem! I seem to remember the last time I had a car loan from the Mfg's credit arm I was offered 'life insurance' on the loan for what seemed like a small additional amount of $. I know it has been a long time since my last membership in the book of the month club(1994). I wonder if you could get something like that from one of the e-lenders? That would make me not think about the debt left behind for my estate(not that I have much) to take care of paying off. I think I'll ask Cap1. tt72

Tripleblack51 said:
Have the cash?

Just add on to your property and have a three or four car garage!

No problem.

Pedro

depends on where you live....
I have a fairly decent sized lot but i'm not allowed to add additional garages on my lot. I can't even put a shed in the back for storage!
The development i'm in is a deed restricted community and has restrictions. ANY changes to the house including changing the paint color, color of the shutters, etc, arcitectial changes, etc must all be approved first. In the bylaws it is listed no sheds allows or other type of buildings allowed on the lots.
A neighbor tried to get approval on a small storage shed in his backyard a few years ago and went as far as saying he would match the look and construction, and color of his house perfectly so it would look good but it was not approved. In one way I can understand it, this is a decent neighborhood and they don't want people to end up putting cheap "$500 Home Depot" sheds out back that will look bad and fall down in a few years, but at the same time the restrictions go a bit far in my opinion.
At least for me i'm stuck with my 2 car garage and any addtional vehicles that would require a garage means i'd have to rent garage space elsewhere.

BarryK said:
I hear you, Barry.
You hit the nail right on the head.

We just moved a few months ago and what you mentioned was one of the reasons.

We left a planned community that was fairly new. I bought the house brand new in '95.

Our new (32 year old) home has an oversized two car garage
We're in an very nice, old established neighborhood now.
I just had a very nice, classy two car canopy installed.
It actually required a building permit.
My neighbor helped me remove the canopy (cover) yesterday in preparation for hurricane Frances.

My plans are to add another single car garage in a couple of years.

Amazing what we do for our cars!

Best regards,
Pedro:w

Time To Move Barry!!!

BarryK said:
I have a fairly decent sized lot but i'm not allowed to add additional garages on my lot. I can't even put a shed in the back for storage!
The development i'm in is a deed restricted community and has restrictions. ANY changes to the house including changing the paint color, color of the shutters, etc, arcitectial changes, etc must all be approved first. In the bylaws it is listed no sheds allows or other type of buildings allowed on the lots.
A neighbor tried to get approval on a small storage shed in his backyard a few years ago and went as far as saying he would match the look and construction, and color of his house perfectly so it would look good but it was not approved. In one way I can understand it, this is a decent neighborhood and they don't want people to end up putting cheap "$500 Home Depot" sheds out back that will look bad and fall down in a few years, but at the same time the restrictions go a bit far in my opinion.
At least for me i'm stuck with my 2 car garage and any addtional vehicles that would require a garage means i'd have to rent garage space elsewhere.
Are you in a cookie cutter development? Not trying to insult you in any way, but that sounds VERY extreme to me. We too have restrictions as almost every town does but what you've descirbed is "One Toke Over The Line." A group of fellow home owners having to approve a color change for my house is absurd. Again, if it works for you, more power to you, I'm kind of surprised they "let" you buy a car that old!!! Careful they don't make you sell it for pollution!;LOL

BarryK said:
well, THAT'S the problem, you can't take debt with you. If you could it would be great but instead you die and leave any remaining debt to your estate and family to have to clean up after you. I'd rather leave my wife some money to live on rather than debt she will owe because of my careless spending.
Yeah, I know that. And I think about that too. (I didn't say my idea didn't have holes...however!) Take out an extra life-insurance policy, but figure it in as part of the vette's TCO. Then when you kick the can, the car and any extra debt is cleared too! :D

The More the Merrier

Look at it this way, if one is good, than more is better. :D

I'm just like everyone else ; the more the better!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom