Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I want ANOTHER Vette!

S

Sams '66

I have owned my latest Corvette, a 1966 L79 for a year now (have owned a 1966 Coupe and a 1971 Convertible) and I want MORE! I would like to have a big block midyear or a C1 fuelie...or a C5....no I really would like a C6! ...........I am sure that in this forum that I am in like company......I just need a bigger garage.....and more understanding wife.
I will most likely sell my L79 and move on ....just for the change.....until I get more garage space.......
:beer

Hey Sam,

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want more than one corvette!!:L

Your L79 coupe is beautiful, but if you sell it, I think you'll regret it.

Do you have a two car garage?
If not consider a canopy..

C5s are great, hell all vettes are cool!!
Right now the prices on C5s are unbeatable.
Be forewarned though if you have more than one, you'll have to make terrible decisions as to which one to drive!

Best of luck.

Sick with the "addiction",

Pedro:w
f7909299.jpg

Yeah, And So........

What's the problem? Get one of each, Ya only live once and you're gonna be dead a whole lot longer than Ya are alive!;) ;LOL Seriously, seek and Ye shall find (just have cash) or a good home equity loan.

Sam

I always dreamed of having a Vette and never thought it was actually going to come true but ended up getting my '65 in March. I figured this would be my one and only Vette in my lifetime but not too long after my wife got the bug as bad as me and now she wants a C4 so by next Spring it looks like there will be two Vettes in the garage!
:)

it means the daily drivers will be sitting outside including her Lexus LS400. That Lexus has never sat outside a night of it's life and I hate to do it to it but hey, if it's a choice between it or the Vettes, sorry Lexus, you lose!
LOL

The problem is I now got greedy and would love to eventually add a C1 to the collection at some point after we get the C4 and also a C3 but we only have a 2-car garage so what do I do? kill the dreams or rent garage space somewhere? Ah.....such problems to have to live with with you are a Vette lover.
Sigh

Barry,

Just get two of thoose parking lifts, and you could store 4 'vettes in your garage.

Tom

This will be a bit long, but I hope it's to the point. :)

During my long, drawn out rebuild, I've had the urge to buy all sorts of Corvettes, hotrods, etc. but something always pulled me back to focusing on the job at hand.

I doubt I'll buy another Corvette now, mainly because I decided not to compromise on the project design. During the planning stages, I went back over the last 37 years and thought about all the things that I liked, and didn't like, about my car. I then decided to do something about each one of the dislikes, and looked for ways of emphasizing what I did like.

Sometimes, CERTAINLY NOT ALWAYS, people trade their car or add others due to some unsatisfied desire, unmet in their current vehicle.

Likely the only way to remain satisfied with one Corvette is to think long and hard about which Corvette floats your boat and then go out and get it, settling for nothing less. Not taking this road will lead to future dissatisfaction and yet another search.

Yes, I'll likely buy other old cars, but for different reasons. I also like station wagons (Nomad), sleepers (L-72 Biscayne), etc., but no other sports cars.

Rowdy1 said:
What's the problem? Get one of each, Ya only live once and you're gonna be dead a whole lot longer than Ya are alive!;) ;LOL Seriously, seek and Ye shall find (just have cash) or a good home equity loan.

I hear ya...... :beer
my Infiniti is outside as it is.....the wifes Benz is in next to the L79.....I need a 3 car garage.......I have the cash.....just no space. :_rock

Sams '66 said:
I hear ya...... :beer
my Infiniti is outside as it is.....the wifes Benz is in next to the L79.....I need a 3 car garage.......I have the cash.....just no space. :_rock
Get a lift!!!

:) :beer

67HEAVEN said:
Stack 'em. ;)
LOL!
I'd have to tear out the theater room over the garage......"She who must be obeyed" would not go for that....... ;LOL

sting66ray said:
Barry,

Just get two of thoose parking lifts, and you could store 4 'vettes in your garage.

Tom

don't think I haven't considered it, but I don't think my garage ceiling is high enough

You "Might" Be Surprised

Have you done any serious research or had a carpenter look and take some measurements? They're are all kinds of lifts out now, some are pretty compact and you only need enough height to get one under the other;)

Rowdy1 said:
Have you done any serious research or had a carpenter look and take some measurements? They're are all kinds of lifts out now, some are pretty compact and you only need enough height to get one under the other;)

Can't answer for Sam, but I know I haven't really looked at it seriously because I really thought i'd need a higher ceiling.

I can't see it happening in my garage though the way the garage door comes up the the garage door motor - there isn't enough height available to stack another car. I really wish there was, but I can't see how it would work.
also, I would need enough height on my wifes "side" of the garage so that she could get in and out of her daily driver without bending and crouching under the lift - she wouldn't put up with that i know!

Ok Sam.

Three Deep Breaths... calm down.

Getting entirely too many modeling gigs these days and its that extra income thats made you batty.
Place all of the spare cash in a brown envelope and mail it to me right now! That should do the trick..

CUZ I NEED THAT C6 and a new dualie G5 Mac! hahahahaha

Think Im in the same boat. Thank goodness Coral was born and kept me from just filling up the driveway with Corvettes. haha I would have done it too!!!

Stay dry over there!
Rain

All kidding aside I have built and owned alot of cars.I have regretted selling alot of them.When you have a rock solid car,dont sell it.If you need another one find it and seek out seperate storage for it.A elderly neighbor who has a garage and could use some extra cash,a lift.if you think hard enought there is always away.

Best of luck what ever your choice may be

I hear the call and follow the crowd.
I just bought a silver1998 C5 W/ 7500 Mi. yesterday to park next to my '82 coupe in the garage. :D There is such a difference in the feel of the C5 compared to the shark, but a lot of similarities too. What a difference in power between the two.:cool
Too excited to eat or sleep at the moment.:w

I want ANOTHER Vette!

Me too! Me too! Ah, what was that honey? You're gonna do something crazy if I buy another 'vette? But baby, another midyear would be a great investment! What's that? So are diamonds? But you've got plenty of diamonds! Oops! Never mind.

I've owned 7 vettes in the past 30 years & I've loved every one of them .... we currently have a '00 C5 & a '81 C3 - we are lucky ...

Get your self another one or two ...

:D :w

I love my 67 but, I wouldn't mind adding a 65 fuelie to my garage. Well I can dream can't I!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom