Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ididit steering column wiring question

cbernhardt

Corvette
62 Conversion Car, Pewter 98, 59 Project
Started wiring the '59 today and cannot find the wiring diagram for the Ididit steering column, the one they make for C1's. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this column that they might email to me? Or just the connection descriptions for the wires which are colored white, green, yellow, purple, brown, dark blue, light blue, and black.
Thanks,
Charles

Charles,

Here is the color code.

Terminal P is the brake light feed and it should be a white or black with white stripe wire.

Terminal N is the right rear turn signal and should be green.

Terminal M is the left rear turn signal and should beyellow or black with yellow stripe.

Terminal L is the turn signal feed and should be purple.

Terminal K is the 4 way flasher feed and should be brown.

Terminal J is the right front turn signal and should be royal blue.

Terminal H is the left front turn signal and should be lt blue or black with lt blue stripe.

Terminal G goes to the horn relay and is black.

Regards, John McGraw

Charles do you need more ?

As always I am late with ideas but I am going to add the rostra cruise control to the car. so if your column is still out I would suggest running 4 16 ga wires thru the colomn now incase you decide at a later date (as I did ) to add cruise control.

This time I didn't screw up

IH2LOSE said:
Charles do you need more ?

As always I am late with ideas but I am going to add the rostra cruise control to the car. so if your column is still out I would suggest running 4 16 ga wires thru the colomn now incase you decide at a later date (as I did ) to add cruise control.

Good idea about the cruise control. When I purchased my column from " Flaming River " , I purchased the turn signal/cruise knob from " Ron Francis Wiring " and sent it to " Flaming " so that they could set it up, and run all the wiring through the column before getting it out to me.

column.JPG

Stepinwolf

John:
Thanks for the information. After looking everywhere in the shop yesterday I found my instruction sheet this morning hidden away in my receipts folder in my office.
Charles

cbernhardt said:
Started wiring the '59 today and cannot find the wiring diagram for the Ididit steering column, the one they make for C1's. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this column that they might email to me? Or just the connection descriptions for the wires which are colored white, green, yellow, purple, brown, dark blue, light blue, and black.
Thanks,
Charles

Charles

are you doing an entire new wiring harness? or just blending old with new?

Larry:
I'm using all new wiring. The harness I'm using is by "E-Z Wiring". The fuse block is really small (about 4" x 2") and the flashers are separate so you can mount them just about anywhere under the dash.
Charles

Charles I am sure you have done it before but the best word of advice I can give on installing a new harness is to use the small wire tires to lay it out and st it where you want it.after you know psitively for sure all of your wires are where you need them ,then cut off the ties and wrap the harness with tape.

I cant tell you how many times i had to cut the tape off of my harnesss after I thought I had it completely done. At carlile i still had the ties holding the harness because i just unwrapped the day I was leaving for carlile to get the leads for the power windows

Stepinwolf,

Which model cruise control lever and system did you get from Ron Francis? I'm also using a Flaming River set up for my 66/LS2 roadster project and may want to add cruise from the get-go.

Cheers,

Islander

Islander said:
Stepinwolf,

Which model cruise control lever and system did you get from Ron Francis? I'm also using a Flaming River set up for my 66/LS2 roadster project and may want to add cruise from the get-go.

Cheers,

Islander

I was told that the only unit that would be correct for my application with this column was the model CC-25. In their catalog it retails for 38$.

Stepinwolf

Darn, that was quick, thanks! Did you use a Francis electronic unit or did you go with a Rostra or something else?

Islander said:
Darn, that was quick, thanks! Did you use a Francis electronic unit or did you go with a Rostra or something else?

If I was not quick, how in h*ll could I build two midyear projects at the same time.:W

I was planning on going with the unit from Ron Francis, unless someone offers me something better. However since I have not as yet purchased I'm open to any suggestions

Stepinwolf

I too am working on a 59 Corvette hybrid and would like to have more info on this "rostra" cruise control. I need something that would work with a T-56 trans and modern electronic fuel injection on an early small block (1973 350). I bought my T-56 3 years ago, and it has electronic speedo, planned to use an "X-box" which looks like it will also "drive" a Lokar cruise control. Keisler rep stated he would swap my T-56 for a current mech drive speedo model, but I still want to add cruise control. (I am using rebuilt factory guages, did not want to cut the dash for modern guages).
Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59

vetteman64 said:
I too am working on a 59 Corvette hybrid and would like to have more info on this "rostra" cruise control. I need something that would work with a T-56 trans and modern electronic fuel injection on an early small block (1973 350). I bought my T-56 3 years ago, and it has electronic speedo, planned to use an "X-box" which looks like it will also "drive" a Lokar cruise control. Keisler rep stated he would swap my T-56 for a current mech drive speedo model, but I still want to add cruise control. (I am using rebuilt factory guages, did not want to cut the dash for modern guages).
Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59

Ididit uses a rostra set up. I am not sure what they are using for the switch set up

This is rostras website http://www.rostra.com/ParkPilotParkingAide.htm

as far as I know lokar is just making cable kits to work with the rostra cruise control unit.

When you get a chance bring us upto speed what your plans are with your 59 as we all are interested

59 vette wiring

Thanks,
Charles

Hi, I'm Charles also, and am restoring a 59 vette, and need the wiring colors from the wiring harness to the steering identified. I have the ididit side identified. thanks for any help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom