Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Idiots and the Furious

muddywaters

Corvette
1988 white 4+3 coupe 99 Torch Red 6spd. coupe
Hi everybody, I've had a Vette since 73, six all together, have an 88 and a 99 right now, the 99 is a real eye catcher, Torch Red Coupe. I'm use to everybody with a loud muffler wanting to race you, but with the 99 I experience craziness, Idiots w Fart cans, big wings and primer paint who watch too many movies seem to lose it when they see a Red Vette. The other night me and the wife were out for a spin and a ricer, who I thought was going to plow into my back end of me, went by me side ways thru a traffic light just to prove he had balls, but I bet he has no insurance. Look out for the other guy was popular slogan at one time, when your drving your vette it's look out for the other guy times ten! Muddywaters

Torch Red 6 speed 99 huh??

Well, just get used to it! Even idiots in souped up Hummers try to race me.

Another thing that took a lot of getting used to for me, going from my 95 to the 99 is everyone looks like there are tailgating me even when thay arn't.

I thought they took down the "Aggressive Driving Area" signs out your way. ;LOL
Everytime I saw those signs on I-81 I thought it was a permission sign. ;)

:w
Guy

Ya know,
I got a guy over here in Iraq who has an 02 Mustang GT. He has about 40 grand in his engine. The thing is barely steetable, and all he can talk about is how fast it is in the quarter. I just keep telling him that no matter how much he spends on it it is still a Mustang, and will never be worth what my Vette is worth. And no matter how much he spends it will never be a Vette. Then I tell him I have had 2 rustangs how many Vettes has he had. Ha Ha
Steve

When you own a corvette you don't have to prove
you can go fast, you know you can. Every one else tries
to prove it. I just smile at them when they go by, I
don't need any more tickets.
Len

I don't pay any mind to the ricers..... and the people that make it obvious they are idiots. The ones that are *interesting* are the ones that make it subtle..... see if you will strut your stuff for them.... those are the serious racers and the ones that make it fun to prance with your vette. ;)

:crazy Some people just do not get it or understand!!!And there numbers are growing.The good thing is that our numbers are growing also!!!How many does Bowling Green put out a day 160?:upthumbs

Muddywaters (love that username by the way ;) )

It seems as though there is one in every crowd on the interstate down here, and they always find me. :L I can usually spot them in my rearview mirror bobbing and weaving in and out of the traffic behind me trying to catch up with me so they can strut their stuff. I usually ignore them - or look over and yawn - depending on my mood.

But just a little over a year ago (OMG 4 days before Katrina in fact - wish I knew then what I know now - but I digress) I posted about an incident that occurred on my way to work. Perhaps you'll find some enjoyment in it as I did then, because I laughed myself into a near stupor over the whole thing! It was very entertaining.

Maybe not killed - but definitely spanked!
Let me tell you about something that happened at work night before last...

There's a guy that drives a mustang and thinks he's God's gift to the world. He works in a different area than I do so our paths don't often cross. He made the mistake of messing with me on the interstate on the way to work... he pulled up next to me, revved his engine and then took off when I wouldn't play. :mad That was the second time he's messed with me and I decided I'd had enough, so I sent him a message by a third party. I didn't ask the third party to deliver the message - I just said what I had to say knowing it would get back to him.

Within the hour, he had a fourth party (who happens to be one of my friends) call and ask if I would mind talking to him, then he got on the phone and told me that he wanted to clear this up. He was very upset that I thought he was messing with me because he wasn't and he wouldn't, and he swore he didn't rev his engine, and he didn't know what he must have done for me to take offense but he didn't want any trouble and he hoped that I would be willing to let it go.

I told him that I really appreciated him calling to clear it up. That maybe I heard some other traffic around me and mistakenly thought it was him. Then I told him that as a CORVETTE owner, I have to put up with every little boy on the highway who thinks his car is bad. I told him that I don't believe in street racing and that since I drive a CORVETTE I have nothing to prove anyway. I told him that my CORVETTE'S pedigree speaks for itself and that 50 years of CORVETTE documentation can back me up. I told him that it seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry has a mustang and they all want to beat the BIG BAD CORVETTE, that it happens so much that I have to laugh at their efforts. So he could understand why I would have misread his traffic manuever as a challenge and an insult, couldn't he? Hmmm?

By this time it was all I could do not to laugh. My best friend at work was sitting next to me and she had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

I could tell it was sticking in his craw and he wanted to say something so bad, but he was too scared to do anything but agree! :L

Anyway - I had lots of fun with it.

So the moral of the story is: A Corvette owner can spank a mustang owner and not even go over the speed limit! ;LOL

Original Thread Click Here

So try not to let them get to you my friend and have fun with it when you can.

:w Jane Ann

Same issues here but mostly with mustangs. They're nice cars, I had a '71. But I never ever thought of dissing my dream car the CORVETTE back then.

It is tough, however, to ignore these idiots all the time. Sometimes a lesson has to be taught.

On occasion, I leave the traffic light at normal acceleration so they know I'm not racing. When I catch up to them I travel at the same speed for a while until, WHAM!, I nail the gas and take a turn I know they can't handle and then I laugh at the "What the F***" look on their faces in the rear view mirror. Lotsa fun.

I had an interesting encounter with a Mazda Miata this weekend. Travelling on a 2-lane highway, speed limit 65, the idiot decided to pull out in front of me from a roadside fruit stand. It was a flat stretch of road so I know (s)he saw me coming - it's torch red for crissakes - then decided it probably wasn't such a good idea and "sort of" pulled halfway onto the shoulder. There were cars approaching from the other direction but I knew I could make it so passed him/her doing about 90 (only long enough to pass, really - I swear!). THEN - the idiot thought they were going to try and catch up to me and flip me off or whatever.

Didn't happen. Heh. :w Buh bye!

All,

I love these stories - everyone wants to engage the "plastic fantastic". I get a lot of heat from the Porsche crowd Good stuff - keep it coming.

Remo:cool

Remo;how is that Lingenfelter package working out?I am thinking about the same package for mine.Thanks in advance!!!:beer

Remo;how is that Lingenfelter package working out?I am thinking about the same package for mine.Thanks in advance!!!:beer

Jay,

The Lingenfelter mods are great. Had a choice of several cams - went with the most I could and still pass Mass. emissions testing. Around town the car still drives nicely but above 3000 RPM it's a whole different vehicle. Hey, 100 more HP is always fun to play with. If you're going to deal with Lingenfelter (260-724-2552) ask for Tim Dyer (ext. 1001). He'll do a nice job walking you through the choices.

Remo:cool

Remo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom