Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

idle problem with 1987 vette

terrell

Corvette
1987 white
when i cold start my 87 it spits spurts backfires and will die. has neww wires, plugs, coil, rotor button
, new distributor cap, new fuel filter. when i crank it i can feather the gas pedal till the car reaches about 190 them it will run smooth . i can keep it in neutral and keep rpm at aabout 900 to 1100 then shift to drive and get going. anyone else had this problem or knows what to check
thanks

getting service engine light but have not pulled the codes. have not checked fuel pressure. put new o2 sensor on it today and it helped but did not completly cure the problem. thanks for the info

Codes

getting service engine light but have not pulled the codes. have not checked fuel pressure. put new o2 sensor on it today and it helped but did not completly cure the problem. thanks for the info

Getting the codes should be the first thing you do. They may tell you the exact problem. They may not but I recommend you start there.

plus even a new oxy sensor can quickly foul with a poorly running engine, esp if too rich!

any codes are your friend, but not an end all, either.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom