Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

if you were to buy rims what would you get?

Corvette
1981 Corvette Spectramaster Blue
I am almost 100% stuck on torque thrust II's but I see them so much is there any other rim that would look good on a 81 vette? I am putting rims on, painting it, and putting sidepipes on as a winter project so Let me see your pics either post um here or send them to my e-mail address:

johnathan.dykstra@us.army.mil

Thanks alot,
John Dykstra

Maybe freaky, maybe not...

John, your last name sounds familiar to me.
Are you around early 20s and is your mother tall, blond, beautiful, 1st name start with letter "P" and did she attend Tracy High School in California?

Were I to buy rims, I'd get a brand spanking new set of aluminim rims in the 78SA style to replace my slightly beat-up ones.
Check out Killer's wheels, 69MyWay, for some cool custom ones.
Heidi

I like my centerlines.....maybe you can see them good enough on my avatar..I have been on this forum forever and still cant post pics... :)

Re: Maybe freaky, maybe not...

78SilvAnniv said:
Are you around early 20s and is your mother tall, blond, beautiful, 1st name start with letter "P" and did she attend Tracy High School in California?
And was your dads name Lenny, and did he play outfield for the MY Mets and Phillies?

(just kidding....sorry I couldn't resist):t

Re: Maybe freaky, maybe not...

johnl said:
And was your dads name Lenny, and did he play outfield for the MY Mets and Phillies?

(just kidding....sorry I couldn't resist):t

Stinker! I'm testing out my psychot...I mean psychic theories. :t

Seriously, I knew of a couple from high school who married and had children, and their last name was Dykstra...rather uncommon last name so I had to ask.

I had centerlines on my '74 Camaro and I loved them. I thought they were the best looking rims ever. Still do. I also found them easy to clean, since they had no holes to catch dirt in!
Heidi

TT2s classic look
138875_Corvette_Stringray__030-med.jpg

YEA,YES,YES these darn wheels are everywhere now.You cannot
go to a car show or street meet without seeing them like LICE.
They are a good wheel and cheap for custom 2-piece sizes.
I am changing to www.hrewheels.com. 540's three piece. only
difference is the price. For the size i need i am looking at 1280 a piece. They will look KICKASS. Good luck
PS, I DO NOT HAVE SPACERS

I do like the American Racing "Salt Flat" wheels (series 270 and 570). Unfortunately, I don't think they are offered in anything bigger than 16 inch for our cars, and I'd really like to eventually go to 17/18 (front/rear)

Ah, well...

Joe

I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again:
in this age of CAD/CAM, CNC-capabilities, why hasn't SOMEBODY cut a set of C4/C5 wheels, with the correct back-spacing & bolt-pattern, for 15" OEM tires, for our C3s?
I'd like to see chromed ZR1, chromed-'97-'99 wheels (wide-spokes), and chromed ZO6 wheels, in particular, for an 'all-Corvette' appearence.....

Centerlines!! :_rock I had them on two of my vettes, 80 and 78. My current 78 Daytona has the Centerline Drag wheels, VERY light wieght. The wheels are very easy to keep clean and becuase of the solid centers No brake dust. Mt other 78 had 40 spoke Chrome spoke wire wheel. Really classy looking.

Gary

We put the Cragar Super Sport with the spinners on our '81 and we get a lot of good comments ...

I've like the SS since the '70's

:w

How about these?

I think I am going to do some variation of these:

Red76.jpg

They are made by a British company Image Wheels. Pretty cool and at least a little unique!

Wheels

John, dont buy those wheels yet without a PM to me. I have some more interesting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom